1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My PSP is acting up - There is something very wrong! Help

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Suigetsu, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Suigetsu

Suigetsu Member

My PSP bricked , so I sent it to the repair man who unbricked it but sadly my IDstorage was damaged during the bricking process.

As of now I dont have a MAC adress, I cant seem to play or run ANYTHING.
    There's always a region error when I try to run ANY of the programs including Devhook, Homebrews or Upgrades. Even the UMD's cannot run.
    It's basically F*CKED, All I can do is look at pictures and listen to music.

I realised that I DO HAVE MY ORIGINAL FLASH0 ON MY PC.

I checked inside the folder and even saw IDSTORAGE.PRX . it means that there IS hope, so can someone please help ME out here!!!

PS: keycleaner does not work with my PSP so dont bother recommending it

thanx
    Edit/Delete Message

2. CKhaleel

CKhaleel Regular member

Try re-flashing it w/ your backup flash0.

3. Suigetsu

Suigetsu Member

and do you mind tellin me how to do that? What programme do I use to access my PSP flash

BTW I was on 3.03OE before my PSP was bricked but the repair man recovered it to 1.5 but the keay were damaged so now im stuck on 1.5

4. Suigetsu

Suigetsu Member

This is the email i have received from the repairer;

"Hi there, im sorry to tell you that i wasn't able to fully recover your psp. Ive managed to unbrick it - but unfortunately the ids has been damaged. Ive tried for 2 days to recover this information to no avail. Ive given you a refund minus postage."

5. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

if u were on any 3.03 oe, all u would have needed to do was access the recovery and run the recovery program. u wasted ur money

6. Suigetsu

Suigetsu Member

^^Yea i know but im on 1.5 can someone give me a hint

7. Reitfor

Reitfor Guest

Nothing really mate. You needed to have CF and apparently you cant right?

8. Suigetsu

Suigetsu Member

I have two PSP's in the house. one fully workin and one with a messed up ID storage. Can I use that workin PSP for anything at all. Maybe dump its IDSTORAGE and flash it onto the faulty one

not sure at all

9. DoubleDwn

DoubleDwn Regular member

I just fixed my corrupted idstorage keys on my dg'd TA-082. I used Chillly Willys Keycleaner. To properly repair the idstorage, you need to have copies of the original keys, or copies from a PSP with the same version motherboard. Do NOT use TA-082 keys on a 079.

You can either google to find the right keys, or have a friend dump a set for you. Or, if you are skilled enough, you can manually make them with a hex editor using a dumped one from your PSP as a base.

After fixing the keys, your PSP should be back to normal.
    Google is your friend here. It took me quite a while to find info how to do this.

PM me if you want a link to the site that I used for info.

~Rich

EDIT: Keycleaner may only patch TA-082 boards, as that is why it was created. To fix the corrupted keys associated with the older downgraders. There are a couple of other idsotrage utilities out there that should be able to help you if keycleaner does not do the trick.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2007
  10. martyn12

martyn12 Guest

DoubleDwn could you send me the link to that site with the info on
    please

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2007
  11. DoubleDwn

DoubleDwn Regular member

First of all, you should remove your email address before the mods see it. They dont like that.

Second, I'll PM you the link. Its a bit of reading, but worth it.

~Rich

12. martyn12

martyn12 Guest

DoubleDwn could you repost that i dont seem to have got it many thanks martyn

13. martyn12

martyn12 Guest

CAN ANY ONE SURGEST A HEX EDITOR TO USE