1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My psp is bricked, need help...

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Dahman, Feb 17, 2007.

1. Dahman

Dahman Guest

Today I decided I would try and run Wave Flasher V3 on my psp firmware 1.5.Well all went well I dropped the wave flasher folders that contained the eboot.pbp files into the psp game folder and placed the plugins in the psp directory.I began by starting the program, and once again all went well, I made a backup of my original background and went ahead and changed the background.For some reason when I exited the program the background was messed up,it did not look anything like the background I had selected so I tried to restore my old background and the screen went black.I took the battery out because the screen remained black and put it back in,and turned the psp back on.well the psp turned back on but all it says at startup is sony computer entertainment and it freezes.I was just wondering of what I could do to fix this?

2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

Seems you got yourself some really nicely shaped paper holder now. Because you were still on 1.50, there is nothing you can do, exept from getting a new mainboard or a modchip (but a new PSP would be cheaper than a modchip). Never mess with the flash on 1.50. If you decide to get a new mainboard or a new PSP, go directly to a custom firmware. On that you could recover now.

3. Amir89

Amir89 Regular member

So it powers on and shows the Sony Entertainment Logo?

Well then it's PARTIALLY bricked, you could salvage it maybe...

Did you have the recovery menu loaded onto your PSP? Try holding R while turning it on

Also, when you turn it on is the orange MS light flashing??

Seems like just your menu or something got corrupted and PSP can't display it, but because your on 1.5 hmmm slim chance you can do something about it man

4. Dahman

Dahman Guest

When I power on my psp the orange MS light does flash with memory stick inserted.

5. stevenps2

stevenps2 Regular member

agree with you, get yourself a new motherboard:0(