1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my psp is bricked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by blaze5007, Feb 3, 2008.

1. blaze5007

blaze5007 Guest

ok so my psp slim is bicked i think. i have pandoras battery and magic memory stick.Well every time boot my psp into service mode it looks normal like this:press X to install 3.71 M33
    press 0 to install original 3.71
    press [] to dump the nand
    press L+R+start+home to restore nand dump phisically
    ok so try to install 3.71 m33 and it freezes at formatting flash 1. Ok so i shutdown psp and boot service mode and try to install original 3.71 and it does the same thing.(i tryed nand dump and restore nand dump phsically.nothing happens)Ok so i try to take out battery pacck and acces my xmb or psp home menu using only my psp power cord(external power). nothing happens i still cannot acces it. By now i am pretty upset and confused.Before all of this i had just installed 3.80 m33-5 and instead of me using my normal memory stick i kept the magic one in and tryed to install some games by putting the iso file in an iso folder i mannually created in the magic memory stick(it didnt work so i deleted the iso folder).next i tryed to put in some custom themes which didnt work either.ok so i after all of this(everything i just said):) i took out my memory stick since i could no longer reach it with my psp and put in a friends psp and got into usb mode so i formattted everything with command promt and put folders of 3.71 back in. and thats where i am now and it freezes when it gets to Formatting Flash1. but it worked for my friends psp(he already has a pandoras battery too.)sorry it was so long but i just had to get some help :) thank you

2. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

You've got a brick that can only be fixed (so far) with a backup of your nand. Do you remember every making a backup of it? 'Press [] to dump the nand'

If you can't remember making a nand dump then you'll need to install the UPMS and that will instal a legal copy for you so you can unbrick. However, if you have a PSP slim (which you do :p) then you're going to need to find someone else's nand backup with a slim. I have one but I can't upload on a webstie (ilegal).

So basicaly try to find a friend with a slim, dump his nand and restore it. BUT!... be careful about how you restore it there is 2 ways.... one is restoring the flash files and the other is the flash and IDStorage keys as well. Go for the first type or your psp will be REALLY fryed permenantly!

Good Luck!

3. rickem

rickem Regular member

You can send him yours through MSN. Thats how i fixed a few people's problems here.

4. blaze5007

blaze5007 Guest

well could some one send me the nand file through something?So what i need to do is find a friend with a psp slim right? and put my pandora battery and memory stick in his psp and boot up service mode,dump his nand and then shut his down and boot service mode in mines and restore nand in mine(l+R+start+home) and thatll fix it??? oh yea you said something about 2 ways to restore nand well the only thing i can access is service mode and i told you guys wat it says at the top of the forum but are those the two ways? :)

5. rickem

rickem Regular member

Yeah that's what you need to do!!When you restore nand it'll give you the option of restoring with ipl or not. Do not restore someone else's ipl to your PSP.

6. blaze5007

blaze5007 Guest

ok so i dont use a friends psp? because i dont hink i originally dumped nand so do i restore with or without ipl when i get there. also when this all is done do i need to get a new slim batteryand use it from then on until i can restore my pandora to old one

7. blaze5007

blaze5007 Guest

also when i go to restore nand it starts restoring automattically and i have no option

8. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

I just noticed that too. I remember the original pandora (d/grader to 1.50) had an option on which restore to do. Only problem is that you have a slim and can't do that.

There are applications that restore your nand but it's a brew app and can only be run by a working PSP. I'm out of ideas.. Any ideas anyone?

9. blaze5007

blaze5007 Guest

well ok so where can i get original pandora battery or how can i make

10. blaze5007

blaze5007 Guest

should i try using a regular psp slim battery because the only one i been using is my pandoras battery

11. mml1001

mml1001 Guest

that happend to mine too.
    cant figer it out