1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my psp is dying! help!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by Jezzter, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Jezzter

Jezzter Member

ok well no it's not dying lol
    just i was switching themes and it "semi-bricked"
    what am i to do?
    i heard it was easy to flash but i dont know how
    when i turn it on it either shows the initial set up
    and freezes after i choose the timezone
    or just freezes and turns off
    that's if i dont have a umd
    if i do it just plays the game
    which really toys with me
    lol
    so help me please
    thank you for listening

2. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

im in a bad mood and thats not funny saying its dying. Anyway, do you

even know what a semi-brick is? your using the term like you know. You

should be able to do nothing except go into recovery mode which you

should already know how to do. In recovery, you toggle usb and put a

recovery file in game and run it at 'run program at

/psp/game/recovery/eboot.pbp' i believe and you follow screen

instructions and you should be at 1.5. You cang et the recovery file

here. http://www.sendspace.com/file/j3j2e2 ... extract it, then put

the recovery folder in >>PSP>>GAME>>_______ . Run it, and your good.

3. Jezzter

Jezzter Member

aww,
    i was hoping not to use that

>_<

4. Jezzter

Jezzter Member

what in the world...
    now when i try to toggle usb in recovery mode
    it wont read
    my computer doesnt show the usual
    G:/ thing

5. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

the only way you can replace a semi brick is to replace the flash0 files that made you semi brick. or use the recovery files i gave you. You should be able to toggle usb. Try again. Make sure you got your usb cable connected and dont double post, you can edit your 1st post on the top right of the box with the paper.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2007
  6. drakex

drakex Regular member

Use pandora, its easier!

7. Rav3

Rav3 Regular member

Yes, Pandora is like the easiest and fastest method to unbrick/downgrade. Just hope u have a spare battery and MS :p

8. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

And an EXTRA PSP with custom firmware on it already to make the battery ofcourse. So sometimes it's not all that easy because people don't know anyone whos in the psp modding scene.

9. lemnur

lemnur Regular member

how to downgrade version 3.71 without using Pandora. or with it i dont know but Please tell me how to run Pandora files in version 3.71 it dosnt work and i took it to my frnds psp he has a version 3.52 M33 still it didnt work is it because of the mmry card i have a blue one magic gate do we need the memory card which we have in the starting pls reply fast and ya pls tell me from where to get games from the net

10. Rav3

Rav3 Regular member

[qupote]how to downgrade version 3.71 without using Pandora. or with it i dont know but Please tell me how to run Pandora files in version 3.71 it dosnt work and i took it to my frnds psp he has a version 3.52 M33 still it didnt work is it because of the mmry card i have a blue one magic gate do we need the memory card which we have in the starting pls reply fast and ya pls tell me from where to get games from the net[/quote]

Please type in proper sentences because it's hard to understand what you're saying, and so we can't help you properly.

The Pandora files can only be run with a homebrew enabled PSP (any PSP with 1.5 kernel and CFW)

The files should work, and if they don't, then you downloaded them from a bad source. http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/552549
    for instructions

11. lemnur

lemnur Regular member

can u mail me pandora battery creator because ive followed the same thing which u gave me put it still says the game cannot be started in my version 3.71. What should I do now

12. Rav3

Rav3 Regular member

It says the game cannot be started because 3.71 OFW cannot run homebrew!

13. lemnur

lemnur Regular member

I know that please give me an alternative. I tried the custom firmware 3.2 m33 still it said that the game could not be played i tried the iso folder also please help me give me the folder where to place it in CFW. I have an idea im upgradeing my frnds psp from 2.71 to 3.71 M33 so can it make my psp a pandora battery

14. Rav3

Rav3 Regular member

U also need a UMD in the bay when u play ISO/CSO games unless u are using Sony's np6600 driver. Are u sure u had a UMD in the bay? There is no other folder in CFW, it still is ISO. Basically, if it shows up under game menu under memory stick, then it is in the right folder.

15. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Regular member

well, you and rav3 has just gone pure off-topic.and you wanted your friend to upgrade from 2.71 to 3.71m33?or do you mean 3.71 to 3.71m33?if you did mean 2.71 then, i'll help you, through personal messaging or make a new thread!3.71, i can't help you.

ok, now that's sorted.back to topic.
    so jezzter, you say you have a semi-brick and can't repair because of your usb?if that's the problem, then go to a friend's house to fix it, or you can reboot your pc and it should help.it worked for me.just out of interest, what firmware version did you flash from?

16. pets34me

pets34me Regular member

I'm pretty sure that it has to be in 1.5 kernel. Anyone can correct me if im wrong.

17. kikzm33z

kikzm33z Regular member

no, flashing your themes on the psp doesn't require 1.5 kernel.only applications does.

18. bakedpsp

bakedpsp Member

pandora - pandora - pandora

aaahh ppl, if you have cfw you should realy set the whole thing up before doing other stuff, themes should be one of the last things to do once all set up, allways setup recovery first, this can save alot of stress. the first thing i set is the recovery folder then i know the oods are a bit betta if anything happens. if its a major........bring on the pandora... :)

(+[__]%)baked

19. DEVINRL

DEVINRL Regular member

what is there really to set up in the recovery? thats not a bad idea though, putting the recovery folder already in the >>GAME. But thats only a problem if you cant toggle USB after you semi brick. It's not bad though.

So Jezztger>> what other problems are you having. Did you fix the semi-brick with pandoras battery? Or the recovery? Did you even have an extra psp to make the battery? people think its so easy having another psp w/ custom firmware these days. Some people arent that rich. I use to have 10 psp's although. I'm not rich.

20. drakex

drakex Regular member

I got a problem just like that... I got a semi brick, but the pandora will not allow to fix the issue, so with a friend we dissambled the entire PSP until we got the MOBO out, used a wire to make a shortcut in the battery in the back of the MOBO, then put everything back in place and BAM pandora worked... we now have a bricked PSP that noone cared for working and playing games on 3.71 M33-2