1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My psp is lagging...

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Hisop, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Hisop

Hisop Member

Im on a thick psp with 3.52 M33-4 and everything was working fine until about a week ago when I noticed in the God of War demo every once in a while it would lag for a second. Today I put GTA vice city on my psp and when i started it up it was really laggy. Also when i played NHL 07 it worked fine for a bit but after a game and a half the announcers disapeared for like 2 mininuts (i know i spelt that wrong) and it was playable but it wasnt much fun because of the lag. Could my ram be getting filled up or something? or is it just cause my psp is older and newer games dont work as well? Thanks

2. LUFFYPSP

LUFFYPSP Regular member

some games are lagging in cso format,maybe bcoz it is compressed to much(if u r using cso files)...convert it to iso..n try increasing the cpu speed.

3. JabJab42

JabJab42 Regular member

A similar thing happened to me. It wasn't the games that lagged it was every thing else e.g. when I choose a game to play (ISO) the screen goes black for a second or two and then resumes. But it stopped now. What I think is causing the problem is that theres too much on the memory card on load plus if its compressed it makes it harder. Try uncompressing. Look up in Google 'PSP ISO Compresser v1.4' Once it starts to uncompress it goes into the CMD so don't shit yourself, because I did(Just a word of advice)

Max

4. bigbadp

bigbadp Member

I use PSP Compresser to change ISO to CSO. I selct 6/10 to compress usually have no problems. 10/10 can cause slow down.

5. Dr1ver

Dr1ver Regular member

change the cpu speed in recovery mode to 333

6. Hisop

Hisop Member

Alright thanks for the ideas. Im going on a car trip and ill try them out and let you know. Thanks again for the ideas.