1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My psp is not charging or working!

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by kpc, Jun 4, 2007.

1. kpc

kpc Member

So i left my psp charger at my grandmas house. so during the week i decided to use my dad's universal charger. I plugged it in my psp and the orange light that indicates the battery is charging did not turn on. I realized the voltage was set to 12 volts. When i finaly got my charger back, I tried to charge my psp but it did not work. i also tried different batteries and it still did not work. So now what?

2. kpc

kpc Member

hey c'mon now im in desparte need HELP PLEASE! :(

3. broc455

broc455 Regular member

OH ok i can see that ur really waiting anyway i had the same problem what i found was if the WLAN switch on the left of ur PSP is enabled then it wont charge for some reason

4. kpc

kpc Member

I tried that and it still did not charge. do you think since i used a 12 volt charger, it fried the insides. i still have a warranty, maybe I'll try to get it repaire or possibly get a new one.

5. Freaker

Freaker Regular member

my brother fried a $300 palm with a universal charger so i think that is what you must have done.

also you posted a question in french, any reason?

6. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

LOL, yea my fuse in my PSP died too because of my voltage problems in my outlets. There is a tiny fuse on the PSP motherboard on the opposite side of the Battery connection. I have no idea where u could get that fuse or what type of fuse it is. Right now I have it briged.(having a piece of solder over the fuse however that is not good and if something like that happens again your mobo is dead) I tried asking around this site and no one could help. Try asking over at acidmods or another place that do PSP modding a lot. Please tell me if u find out though./ I too lazy to ask another forum.

7. kpc

kpc Member

yeah i have no idea what to do. im sticking with getting it repaired. and yes i did post a forum in french. if u want to know why i did, just read it. D'accord mes amis?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2007
  8. Freaker

Freaker Regular member

ok got it, good luck with the repairs. hope my french was not to far off.

9. kpc

kpc Member

thank you everyone who helped me out!