1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my psp went all wrong can someone help me please

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by truepaki, Jun 2, 2007.

1. truepaki

truepaki Regular member

i went 2 my memory stick n dere was already a 3.30 oe-a dere i start doin it...den my version was 3.30 oe-a den i turned my psp on n den i went 2 settings n den sumtin cam up n my psp settings went wrong.......my x is o and my o is x....den i went bak 2 my mem stick n dere was 3.30 oe-b n dere was 3.40 oe-a dere......so i did 3.40.......den i clicked on it n it flashed den my psp version was 3.40 oe-a................i den formatted my psp soo i have notin left on my psp....is dere a way so dat i can change my buttons bak 2 normal and lik reboot my psp so my version is not 3.40 oe-a.....................i wanna start frm scratch again please please help me

2. BabyCryer

BabyCryer Member

Go to system info and see what system software you are running and post back.

3. silentdan

silentdan Member

Go to system settings on your psp xmb and scroll down to Restore Default Settings and click on this.Also make sure your region is not Japan,also shutdown the psp holding the button for 2 sec or until the psp is off.Then restart it and hold the R button down and u will see the recovery menu.Go to Advance/toggle flash1 and dellete everything in that folder.When the psp restarts it will ask u to input all the information like time,date and so on.

4. truepaki

truepaki Regular member

how do i find my region...were bouts is it...thanxx ppl

5. truepaki

truepaki Regular member

system software is 3.40 oe-a.

6. silentdan

silentdan Member

Go to your recovery mode while holding the r button after cold start up and in you configuration menu there should be an option Fake region (currently:Disabled) and make sure its disabled or its not japan.If that don't work the try to set it to America and see if that fix the problem.
    Also when u upgraded your firmware did you by any chance used a Japanese firmware uograde cause maybe thats your problem.If all fails then id say re flash 3.40 oe-a again without going down to 1.5 and allso use a upgrade downloaded from a trusty psp site like this one or other known sites.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2007
  7. truepaki

truepaki Regular member

it all started when i semi-bricked my psp,somone helped me to unbrick my psp and my version went to 1.50,i went to my mem stick and there was 3.03 oe-a there and 3.03 oe-b there and also 3.40 oe-a.....so i choose 3.40 then da settings went wrong..my buttons changed.so i formatted my mem stick now all my folders are mixed up.and my buttons are wrong.