1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My PSP wont boot

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by dom92, May 11, 2007.

1. dom92

dom92 Member

i was using my PSP, then the battery died so i charged it over night. i woke up the next morning and all it does when i turn it on is go to a blank page, then turn itself back off. it doesnt even say anything :(

2. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Please don't post multiple threads, that's against the forum rules.
    And sounds like a brick, i don't know how it could've happened though...

3. dom92

dom92 Member

i know it seems like i bricked it, but all i did was charge it :(

i dont know what to do, think i could sell it? people buy the parts right?

4. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

If its still under warranty, you could trade it in for a new one.

5. dom92

dom92 Member

i know that, but i got it like last year in june, and i ordered it online so i dont know what to do about it

6. silentdan

silentdan Member

What firmware is your psp by the way.If you are running custom firmware then maybe try to boot in to recovery mode and take it from there.

7. guano

guano Regular member

Dumb question:

Did you take the battery out? Do you have OE? If so, try to hold R upon powering up.

8. dom92

dom92 Member

i did take the battery out, before i charged it, but i had it in while i was charging it, And what is the "OE" ????

9. dom92

dom92 Member

everyone keep asking me if i use custom firmware? and if i bricked it. No i didnt, because i got the 2.60 firmware on there

also how do i boot from recovery?

10. silentdan

silentdan Member

Since you dont have custom firmware you can't boot in to recovery.This is only possible with custom firmware.And like someone else said most likely you got your self a brick since you said the psp turns off after some time by it self.
    Sorry!

11. MUNKYEARS

MUNKYEARS Regular member

dude sell it to me or hexitnow we offer good prices for bricked busted psp's or parts (well, i do)

take a pic and then pm me

12. jackfood

jackfood Regular member

You bricked ur PSP...

Buy a new one.

13. moon1990

moon1990 Member

did u try using another battery? maybe u overcharged it and now its not working properly

14. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I agree with moon1990 if the battery charge is low or it is defective and won't hold a charge then you would get that effect.

Even if you have the PSP plugged into a wall outlet if there isn't enough charge in the battery the PSP will try booting then would just turn off.

So try replacing the battery. You could also have a bad charger. Try replacing that as well. Do you have a friend or a family member with a PSP that you could use their battery or charger and test to see if this could be the problem?

Those are a few things you can try to do before declaring the PSP a brick.

Last edited: May 14, 2007
  15. Redize

Redize Guest

I solemenly do declare it a BRICK!

16. larrylje

larrylje Active member

If your so knowledgeable in the PSP Modscene then explain why you guys say its absolutely a brick. Instead you just post a 1 liner oh its bricked buy another.

This could very well be a battery issue or a charging issue. So declaring it a brick without exhausting all possibilities is just ridiculous.

As well the poster said he has not tried flashing his PSP with custom firmware.

Since there is a slight chance to brick a PSP when doing a downgrade and upgrade to custom firmware then what would the chances of the PSP bricking when there has been no flash to the PSP at all?

I always thought a brick meant you have screwed up your PSP beyond repair. In this situation I would assume it is some sort of hardware problem which could be fixed. (Battery/Charger issue) If it can be fixed then the PSP is not bricked.

Of course you will get people to jump at the chance to buy the PSP off you for parts. 1 they will pay very little for it and 2 if all they have to do is buy a new battery or charger for the PSP they will make a pretty good turn around by selling it for twice as much as what they had paid you for it.

Last edited: May 15, 2007
  17. sabba25

sabba25 Member

This person did not mod there PSP.... doesnt know what OE so it may be just defective hardware, ie battery or power supply. Try using a know good battery from another PSP, or get a know working charger and try to get that old battery to take a charge.

18. Blackwire

Blackwire Regular member

If you have a buddy that has a psp, try putting his battery in your psp and try seeing if it works. make sure his battery is charged. doing this costs u nothing before u go and buuy urself a new battery, or psp ^_^

19. dom92

dom92 Member

moon1990
    larrylje
    sabba25
    Blackwire

This applies to you guys above.

you guys were such a great help, i am definatly going to try another battery/charger, since you guys know what your talking about. Once again thanks so much, and i will definatly keep you guys posted, just watch this thread :)

20. dom92

dom92 Member

Also, if for some reason the battery/charger isn't the case. Then could i possibly install a custom firmware without having to boot the PsP. or could i reinstall the OS?