1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My psp wont turn on anymore

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by mac2012, Sep 30, 2011.

1. mac2012

mac2012 Guest

Hello
    this is my first post so forgive me if I do anything wrong

This morning I went to turn on my psp and it just showed the green light for about 30 seconds and then it shut off. I have the 2200MAH battery, you know the extended battery right? I have never had CFW it is a psp 2001 it about 3 to 3.5 years old. I have the regular charger and I have not dropped it

2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

It is bricked, you need a pandora battery and a magic memory stick to fix it again, if that works. If you have the so-called "unhackable" motherboard, it is damaged permanently. I don't know of a reliable method to check the motherboard version of a US-PSP without opening it, so you just have to try.
    For the pandora battery get the cheapest one off www.dealextreme.com, should be this one here:
    http://www.dealextreme.com/p/psp-unbricker-pandora-battery-for-psp-1000-2000-1800mah-3-6v-12472 takes about 2 to 3 weeks to arrive and google for magic memory stick maker. Then use a small magic memory stick (less than 2 gb does best) and a cardreader to create the magic memory stick. Insert the stick into your PSP, then keep the L-Button pressed and insert the pandora battery. It will start automatically and if it works it will bring you to a menue offering to install 5.00 official firmware or 5.00 m33 custom firmware. Your choice then. Good luck.

3. mac2012

mac2012 Guest

I just borrowed my friends pandora battery and magic memory stick which he never used and it worked thank you

4. SnapBack

SnapBack Member

can you help me with my problem look for a forum in general discussion itz name is my psp