1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My PSP wont turn on (dont worry, its different from the other posts)

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by thesquid, Aug 6, 2007.

1. thesquid

thesquid Member

i havent used my psp in a while because i lost the charger, and i bought a docking station for it, and charged the battery off of the triple a's in the docking station. The psp charged, but wouldnt turn on. The green light turns on for about 2 seconds, i get the backlight for 2 seconds, and then it turns off. I took out the battery and used a wall charger, the green light turns on indicating the plug is in, but still, it only turns on for 2 seconds like before. I havent tried to mod it or downgrade it or anything like that, i just kept it nice and regular. At first i thought it was the battery, but i took it out and still got nothing, Any suggestions on what it might be, or any online repair sites like they have for ipods, because i have no warranty, Also, is it worth it to fix or should i get the new psp?

2. zachier

zachier Regular member

How long has it been since you last used your PSP? It might be the battery; some batteries "dry out" if not used for a long time. Try using a different battery.

3. thesquid

thesquid Member

thats what i thought, but i took the battery out and just ran it on external power, and the same thing happened