1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My pstwo laser burnt out

Discussion in 'PS2' started by 2nr, Dec 17, 2004.

1. 2nr

2nr Member

1 week after I got my pstwo the laser stared making noise then it started skipping. after about 10 days I could no longer play most of my games(backups and originals) I was using swap magic 2.0. most of the games I play are originals. The console had maybe 40 hours on it when the laser burnt out.
    I also was not happy about the heat the pstwo generates, the console got very hot.
    I returned the system to target they refunded all my money because they could not exchange it because there was no pstwo's in stock.
    So I went and bought another pstwo and this one works perfect! The laser sounds much better, it loads much faster, and every original and backup I have works perfect. It also runs much cooler than the other pstwo.
    I have had this one for two weeks and it still works great.
    If you have a pstwo that has a crap laser RETURN IT NOW before its too late.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2004
  2. easy123

easy123 Member

when did you buy your first pstwo? and when did you buy the second one? be specific plz..

3. 2nr

2nr Member

It does not mater where I bought it, every retailer carries the same thing. The point I was making was not where to buy a pstwo, but when to buy. It appears that most first production pstwo's had this laser burn out problem That has now been fixed by sony. The pstwo I bought with a bad laser was purchased on november 15. The second pstwo I bought with a good laser was purchased on 12/5.
    I imagine most stores have sold out all the pstwo's with the laser problems. since around here a pstwo will only last 1 hour on the shelf before being sold

4. 2nr

2nr Member

Last edited: Dec 20, 2004
  5. easy123

easy123 Member

thx, but how long(hour) did you play the first everyday b4 it burned?

6. easy123

easy123 Member

one more thing, is you pstwo a PAL or NTSC version? Was the box(the PSTWO box) yellow or white? Is the yellow boxed one that were defective and the white boxed ones were ok?

7. BerinG

BerinG Member

ok i need people to verify something for me..

i had a pstwo (70011, canada) before and the laser burned out.. i got a new one and so far so good (shouldn't talk too fast)

now i have heard that maybe the new ones had a different date code of 4D on the sticker and the old one had 4C .. I am wondering if people that burned out theirs if it is 4C in the little grey square under/besides the registered trademark thingy...

mine is 4D but i brought back my old one so i dont know if it was 4C or not..

so yeah.. for those that it works, and for those that it doesn't, what is the code there? you can also mention if its 70011 or 70012 too..

thanks!