1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My PStwo will not play backups on verbatim media

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by R22, Mar 8, 2005.

1. R22

R22 Member

Hey folks
    First time post here, I was under the impression that verbatim DVD+R's were a popular choice for making backups to play on the new slim pstwo. Every ISO that I burn onto a Verbatim 4.7GB DVD+R is a coaster, whereas the same image burned onto a Memorex DVD+R disc plays perfectly. Any ideas anyone?? I use DVDdecrypter to burn at the slowest speed that the discs will allow (2.4x)even though the discs have 1x-8x on the packaging! Lastly, the verbatim's are brand new and purchased from a reputable online retailer.
    Appreciate any ideas that anyone may have. Thanks

2. HeyYoWL

HeyYoWL Member

Maybe you should try DVD-R's? That's weird that Verbatim doesn't work whereas Memorex does. I backed up my Final Fantasy 10 on to a Verbatim DVD+R I bought, so I'm not sure what your problem is. Maybe it's the modchip?

I'd recommend experimenting by buying single DVD discs if possible to see what works for you. I know my slim PS2 doesn't seem to read anything burned on Onidteck's DVD-R's, but it worked on my friend's PS2 (not sure what version she has, but it's the older, bigger PS2's). You could also give Ritek a shot? Ritek, Verbatim, and Taiyo Yuden seem to be the most popular brands for backups.