1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My quality of my burnt dvd isnt great. Read please and respond

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Biggie88, Aug 25, 2003.

1. Biggie88

Biggie88 Member

I burnt a dvd+rw with my new tdk indi 440, i used clone dvd and then ripped as iso and burnt it using decrypter. It worked fine But now it looks kinda fuzzy did i do something wrong or is that nature to have a little be worse quality? Could it be my burner?

2. Raptorman

Raptorman Guest

It's impossible to compress a dvd9 to a dvd5 without any quality loss. So no it's not your burner its the software your using, Iv'e used clone dvd before too and can tell your that other programs can do a better job, I use Instantcopy and get very good results every time with this guide.

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/forum/userguides/141024.php#dvd9instantcopy

3. Biggie88

Biggie88 Member

well i dont really care if i get the menus and crap. This guy told me clonedvd was the best. I wouldnt mind if i just got just the movie itself. I am very new at this and is instantdvd easy to learn?
    the quality isnt that bad but i would love to get it better

4. Yuriv

Yuriv Regular member

ven't used INstant Copy, but have always been turned off by the amount of time it needs to compress (1 to 6 hours according to the guide linked to above).
    I use DVD2One, which takes about 40mins for me, and am very happy with the results. However, you can also try DVD Shrink, which takes a similar amount of time and has the attractive feature of being freeware.

Follow this guide: http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/dvd_shrink.htm

Last edited: Aug 25, 2003
  5. Biggie88

Biggie88 Member

i read all the stuff and i think i am going to try the dvd shrink it looks easy enough and i will give it a try. I know that my friend uses express and he gets his to come out really good quality. So maybe i will even try that. Menus are nice but not needed. I am planing on backing up 500 dvds so i want the best result i can get, before i start on my task.

6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Use DVD Shrink and re-author the disc. What is the movie you are trying to do and what size is it?

7. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

I don't care about the "menus and crap" either.

Oriphus' method works, and I use a slightly different approach:

DVD Decrypter to rip the movie
    DVD2one in "movie only" mode to re-encode. Movie only mode give next to no extra compression
    Record Now to burn. Take everything that DVD2one gave you and put it into a VIDEO_TS folder (caps are very important.) Burn that folder to disc using Data Disc option in Record Now.

8. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah, Ken's way works great too. Use Variable compression when encoding for a better result.