1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My question is why does my winmx run for a half hour or so then cause my PC to restart . I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it several times with...

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by winmxman, Jun 13, 2004.

1. winmxman

winmxman Guest

My question is why does my winmx run for a half hour or so then cause my PC to restart . I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it several times with the same response . PLEASE HELP ME.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2004
  2. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

You have some sort of worm in your computer, probably the MSBlaster worm. Nice length of you title by the way.

3. winmxman

winmxman Guest

Ive ran virus scans with my norton 2004 antivirus , and came up clean . I also ran scans for spy viruses and came out clean . My kazaa works fine , and so does me morpheus but it only happens with winmx . Any other ideas , AND THANKS FOR YOUR HELP LOL

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

NO EMAILS.

5. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Have you tried reinstalling WinMX? Personally I have no problems with WinMX at all.

6. winmxman

winmxman Guest

I've tried that 3 times , but I think I found the problem . It seems that I downloaded a load of spyware and I got rid of them and I am getting to reinstall it 1 more time . I think this should fix it , I used a program called Spy Hunter . LOL

7. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

You should also use Ad-aware and Spybot. Those programs are probably the best and most popular anti-spyware programs these days.

8. izsushant

izsushant Member

If you have norton try finding the worm by going into safe mode and doing a full system scan. I found 47 worms on my laptop. lol
    All gone now
    :D