1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My r4's loading times are really long

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by GrimmBro, Mar 24, 2013.

1. GrimmBro

GrimmBro Member

I fixed my r4s loading screen freeze error and now i can play again but now theres a small annoying problem. When i play mega man star force 3 the loading times are longer than they were before and i want to know if theres a way to make the loading times shorter cuz waiting 6 to 7 seconds for a battle to start is pretty annoying. The other games load fine its just mega man star force and colors that take forever to load. OH! and is it normal for the ds's wifi reception to be so horrible? Cuz seriously i have to walk all over the house just to get some bars. I could be standing right in front of the modem and not get any signal at all. And once i do get signal the online matches are really slow. Can any help me with these problems? Thanks in advance.

2. christopher

christopher Member

since the other games load fine, could it be the mega man star force 3 rom problem

3. EthanArm

EthanArm Member

Which r4 card do you have, what's the official site, Have you tried format your sd card and then download the game again. that could be the sd card or game problem.

4. GrimmBro

GrimmBro Member

My r4 card is the r4 sdhc (for nds lite) and the site is r4sdhc.com. I downloaded the kernel v1.34 and megamans loading times got worse (before getting the kernel it was a bit faster but still pretty slow). I think i may have gotten some sort of cheap mega man rom but now that colors! the painting homebrew is acting up too i think the problem may be both the rom and sd card. Whats a good place to find a good copy of mega man star force 3 black ace?

5. GrimmBro

GrimmBro Member

Oh and i forgot, is the kernel v1.34 the best update for the r4 sdhc or is there any better ones? Thanks.

6. Phoenix0806

Phoenix0806 Member

R4i-sdhc? Oh. The latest kernel is V1.66b. I think maybe you should update to the latest kernel and then it would be better.

7. EthanArm

EthanArm Member

No, r4i-sdhc and r4i sdhc are different carts released by different teams.

8. EthanArm

EthanArm Member

If your cart is from r4isdhc.com then just check page: http://www.r4isdhc.com/r4-download/ find out which one is your flash cart and download the correct firmware.

I guess your cart is too old and you will just need to get a new cart. if you only use it on DS lite. get a cheap r4ds orginal card : http://www.dsflashcart.com/r4ds-original-flashcart-for-your-ds-lite-p-269.html very good cart for DS lite. only for ds lite. if you also want it use on 3DS or DSi, ger the r4i gold 3ds: http://www.dsflashcart.com/r4i-gold-3ds-wood-r4i-3ds-flashcard-for-ds-dsi-3ds-p-248.html