1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Recovery Console Dosen't Boot Nomore?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by B1GDa00y, Apr 7, 2007.

1. B1GDa00y

B1GDa00y Member

I have a HP Pavilion a1340n PC that i bought about a year and a half ago. I'm haveing problems with it now and i just want to restore it back to its original state, I've done it before but for some reason I can't now. I tryed to install windows vista on a slave hdd and i think thats what caused my Recovery drive to get messedup. At boot the screen displays a option of (ESC Boot Menu) (F10 Recovery Console) and i press f10 repeatedly till it just starts to load regular windows, Before it used to load a recovery console.
    So i was wondering if this can be fixed to where i can recover my pc and fix everything.
    I had an idea of takeing all the recovery files and turning it into a bootable cd.
    Can someone please help me fix this problem?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 7, 2007
  2. ireland

ireland Active member

3. B1GDa00y

B1GDa00y Member

But all the files are still in the recovery drive. Y cant i just make those into a bootable image to where it will run on startup from a cd?

I was looking at it and it gave me a price of $16.00, but i dont know if thats just shiping or every thing together.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2007
  4. ireland

ireland Active member

get another new hard drive for c-drive and use it with the recovery disks ye get...
    and do not wipe ye old hard drive set it up as a slave and then copy any files ye want..

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum

6. B1GDa00y

B1GDa00y Member

ok well ill just buy that and see what happens. Im going to use and old hdd i got to put it on so i hope it works, It should.

Thanks