1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my SATA card and the v78 Hitachi

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by mufaa, Apr 9, 2007.

1. mufaa

mufaa Regular member

Now i am about to get a NTSC-U console (finally...NTSCJ suck...only if the games were region free *dreams*) Ahem, anyway.

The console may have a Hitachi drive and may have a v78 drive. I will give it to my friend to mod but he says that although the Samsung is fine to flash, the Hitachi v78 drive may not be comptiable with the SATA card he has.

The SATA card's name is SYBA SY-VIA-150 SATA Controller card XBOX 360 VIA 6421A:
    http://tinyurl.com/32kksb

Please let me know if this SATA card will be able to flash a v78! Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 9, 2007
  2. Memnock

Memnock Active member

No, that'll be fine. The 0078fk drives work best with VIA SATA cards.

3. mufaa

mufaa Regular member

Thanks for the reply. Are you sure that this SATA card will be able to flash the drive? Because in the Textbook Guide for dummies (or watever it's called) they say "Currently, SATA-to-USB adapters like the X360USB and genericadapters will not work. SIL SATA chipsets are also not supported at this time due to read corruption. Your best bet would be to use onboard Intel ICH* chipsets, or Nforce chipsets. VIA chipsets work
    with most v78 drives, but not all of them."

Also, if by mistake the drive gets bricked...can it be restored with the original firmware?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2007