1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My sincere thanks to Mistycat

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by oldhatmac, Mar 15, 2007.

1. oldhatmac

oldhatmac Member

I wanted to write and say thank you to mistycat for your post re. my slow download question. You obviously took the time to try and understand the problem and responded in language i could understand and with very specific instructions and i thank you for that. I have got the problem sorted out now, thanks.
    To the moderator who closed the thread, I appreciate the fact that you have rules of conduct on this forum and I apologise for not having the time to check them before my post. I was working to a strict deadline and needed as quick a response as i could hopefully get. I apologise for my apparent technological faux par and I will endeavor to be more careful next time.
    I can understand that you have an endless task monitoring all the posts and that people would get extremely frustrated with 'newbies' as they are called like myself who repeat the same question continually. However I had looked at many similar threads and the language used was too technical for me to understand and as such I thought a specific posting explaining my lack of knowledge might help. I don't think my mistake warranted the sarcastic remark posted however, as i don't believe it is helpful to anyone. I would have thought a simple statement that i had violated the rules and should be aware of them before I post would have been sufficiant, as is suggested by 'da boss' on a general forum thread on here. I don't wish to contribute to the hostile environment the boss was speaking of, i just would like to say that sometimes people make innocent mistakes and a little bit of tolerence from the people in charge would set a good example for other users of this forum. There are so many people on forums such as these willing to take the time to explain things to those less knowledgable in a decent fashion. Perhaps you should consider taking their example and applying it in your responses.

2. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Thankyou, glad it worked out.