1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My sis got an iphone with removable battery...is it a fake?

Discussion in 'iPhone - General discussion' started by Gavo28, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Gavo28

Gavo28 Member

Hello, iphone noob here,questions in the title i guess, my sisters "iphone" has a removable lithium battery, i suppose im just looking for someone to confirm my suspicions before i break the bad news to her...

So, is it indeed a fake?

Thanks in advance

2. str8bucs

str8bucs Member

its a fake! sorry

3. xeronex

xeronex Member

I would say 100% fake :(

4. Gavo28

Gavo28 Member

Ya thanks lads, it defo is. I found them on e-bay for €80...the sciphone lol, except the one she got had the fake apple logo etc.

Ah well, live and learn eh

5. xeronex

xeronex Member

Oh deffo what's the quality like for €80?

6. Gavo28

Gavo28 Member

Its not that bad to be fair. Big drawback is when texting the letters are too small to hit with ur finger so u gotta use the pen,and even then it often selects the letter beside the one u actually wanted.

Now that i think of it the touchscreen is dodgy in general, plus theres no internal memory, cameras crap, itunes doesnt recognise it, pen doesnt fit in the slot on the phone, ya its shite avoid it like the plague. Hows that for a turnaround lol....started off promising and went downhill fast

7. xeronex

xeronex Member

Lol I don't think I'll get one then

8. Severeth

Severeth Regular member

Funny thing is when you look at the reviews for the real iPhone and then look at the people who reviewed the fake iPhone thinking it was the real deal is crazy. The fake iphone actually got better reviews LOL. Think I may get one to compare them myself.

9. Gavo28

Gavo28 Member

Ah but the thing is if they are anything like me (well me,my 2 sisters and their boyfriends) then they will not have seen,held or used a real iphone before. We didnt have a clue what they were supposed to be like u know.

My other sister got the nokia 5530 and the touchscreen is far better on that than the sciphone, its faster and u dont have the problem of selecting one letter and getting another when texting.

Theres a few videos on youtube that compare the iphnoe and sciphone, worth a watch before u go spending money. The speed differences in the menu are easily seen in the vids.

For anyone reading this thinking of getting a fake iphone id advise you to get one of the nokia touchscreen phones instead, u can do pretty much all the same things, theyre only 150(less if u trade in ur old phone) the cameras gonna be better on it and so will battery life....plus u get to avoid itunes which is just evil lol

10. Severeth

Severeth Regular member

Good call. Yeah After watching a few videos The fake phone sucks compared to the real thing. But yeah if someone was going from a cheap ole flip phone to the fake iPhone they might just get excited and give it a better review than it deserves.

11. dreamylyn

dreamylyn Member

it is fake, but some rumor said that the iPhone next generation has one removeable battery.

12. devilzpsp

devilzpsp Member

definitely fake lol.