1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Sony 8x are not Sony, but YUDEN000T02

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by robtwilk, Feb 17, 2005.

1. robtwilk

robtwilk Regular member

I bought two 50 pks of Sony 8x media from CompUSA, $39.95 (buy one get one free sale). I just opened them today and ran Nero InfoTool - only to find out they are not the Sony SONY08D1 I see in the media code list found at the top of this forum. They are actually YUDEN000T02. They appear to be a cousin of the Taiyo Yuden media.

Are these better or worse than the Sony brand? How do they compare to Taiyo Yuden media?

Thanks!

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

You should be ok. I picked up 7 fifty pack spindles at staples last month that had the same code.Notice on those wrappers that they were made in japan. That's the main thing i look for when I buy local on sale media,MADE IN JAPAN.
    Those sony08d1's were made in taiwan.Probably same identical quantity and labeling,but different countries. They should be pretty good also.

Many other people reporting those sony ty's,but nothing bad so far.They should be ligit. No burn error's according to dvdinfopro when I scan them.

Watch that burn speed setting, I can get 16x out of both those codes on the +1-8x.

3. robtwilk

robtwilk Regular member

They're nothing but perfect media!! I had stopped burning at 8x cause I was getting too many errors near the end of the movies. These Sony (Yuden) burn at 8x with flawless results.

The look and feel of these are better than any media I have used before. They also have a good top surface for writing on - which I do on all my discs (CD/DVD markers suck, but the Sharpie Ultra Fine Point markers are great).

I can't wait to get my new burner installed and start burning at 16x.

I need to get back to CompUSA and buy their stock of Sony's.