1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Special PS2 HDD loader problem

Discussion in 'PS2' started by etherealr, Dec 10, 2004.

1. etherealr

etherealr Member

My main question is, when an HDD is first put into an PS2, does the HDD in anyway register itself to that PS2 alone, meaning it _cannot_ be used with a different PS2?
    My main purpose here is to get final fantasy online working, because my ps2 has DRE disc read error, and cannot read the "PlayOnline" disc that comes with it which is required to install final fantasy online, though my friend offered to install it on _his_ ps2, and then switch out the HDD to my ps2, would it still work?, does anyone know if there is any way to get around this? I have tried very hard using the "turning the little white gear" method, and also putting tape onto the disc to make it heavier, but to no avail I never can get my PlayOnline purple bottom disc to boot making it impossible to install FF. T__T;
    so if anyone knows a way to get around this, please respond!!!

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

no, the ps2 doesn't register anything on the hd that wont let you move it.

3. Xenokai

Xenokai Regular member

yes it does tie into ur ps2 actually if ur using th sony one <with ffxi> u cannot put it in a diffrent ps2 and play ur ffxi on a diffrent ps2 cause ive ran into this prob after taking my old ps2 back i got a new one and had to reformat anf reinstall ffxi the hdd will reconise but ffxi wont run if you do that so u must do it on ur ps2 man

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

ok, guess im wrong. Thats pretty stupid.