1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Swap NEW Magic 3.6 Plus, Doesn't Work??

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by JonnyH585, Apr 20, 2005.

1. JonnyH585

JonnyH585 Member

Ok, hello all.
    I bought Swap Magic 3.6 Plus and a slide card from console point, and they came in today, was very very excited! So after a few minutes grappling with the front of the loading tray, I ran the program. All is good, well almost...

BUT, when I try to load my CONFUSION DVD5 rip of God of War with slide card, the disc either goes to the "ps2 browser screen" (with the golden disc), and if I try to load from there, it just repeats itself. Occaisionally, it will seem to run, but go dark for a few minutes, then it will freeze at the black screen with white letters "Sony Entertainment Corporation of America" and such, but it won't load past that point!

My ripped copy of Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater does not work properly either! Sometimes, it will not load, but when the DVD-R does load, after seeing a "mini-intro" for Dolby II Logic the game freezes at a black screen with a flashing Disc and a "?" in top left corner, which makes me think it can't find the backup?

But regardless, Swap Magic is NOT loading my backups, does anybody know why?

2. MarkPS2

MarkPS2 Regular member

Hey I also got my swap magic 3.6 & slide tool today and I backed up MGS3 and I get the same error as you the flashing disk followed by a "?". I also tried fifa street and it has major slowdown/freezing probs.

3. JonnyH585

JonnyH585 Member

I am using Sony DVD+R's and Teon DVD+R's as well. HD Advance loads fine, it's on a Teon one. I've read that for GoW you may need "CD Loader v.7.0", I will try that, but if anybody could help me I'd greatly appreciate it!

EDIT: Tried CD Loader v.7.0, didn't even load. DVD Loader 7 did though, and I tried the 5V3PN solution, then tried my GoW copy, as well as MGS3, NO LUCK.

This hurts, any help at all??

Last edited: Apr 20, 2005
  4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

are you using dvd loader correctly? after you select the 5v3 option, you have to eject and reinsert the swap magic dvd.

5. JonnyH585

JonnyH585 Member

Yes, I eject, insert SM 3 DVD, then use slide card, does not work. One time it froze on a green screen, but not the blue I am told I want.

Now I am trying to make a NEW GoW .iso using some of the files from dvd/cd loader 7 (http://www.ps2nfo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139) but goddamn, this is annoying, why does it work for everybody else?

6. hubris560

hubris560 Guest

I use dvd decrypter with maxell 8x's dvd-r and verbatim 8x's dvd+r and they work fine

7. 007PStwo

007PStwo Regular member

3.3 and 3.6 dont need dvd loader.... just use the special boot option.

8. JonnyH585

JonnyH585 Member

I just tried DVD decrypter at 1x burning god of war, no luck, it keeps switching back to the "System Browser" screen on the PS2 with the "golden disc". when i enter the disc, it keeps returning to the browser screen! I am going now to rent MGS3 and maybe GoW as well, I will see if my PS2 even reads them regularly, and see if DVD Decrypter copies of the realy discs work.

What's this about "SPECIAL BOOT"????!

i rented MGS3, it won't even load in my PS2, I keep getting a disc read error. YET SWAP MAGIC 3.6 LOADS AND WILL START TO LOAD GOD OF WAR AND MGS3 (they don't work though), so wtf???

Last edited: Apr 21, 2005
  9. reyker

reyker Member

I have this problem when I first got Swap Magic 3.3 It kept going to the browse window, no matter how many times I reset it. After I sent it back for an exchange, everything was fine. just a bad copy o Swap magic. You should reture it with a letter explain the situation, and ask for an exchange.

10. JonnyH585

JonnyH585 Member

I am not sure I need to do that (does consolepoint.com even HAVE a return policy anyway??), as my copy of HD Advance runs perfectly, I just havent plugged in an HDD it recognizes. I fixed my PS2 to run MGS 3 RETAIL, not a copy. I had to put frikkin duct tape on the laser gear. As soon as I can clear about 10GB off my pc to unzip some images, I'll test copies of Splinter Cell 3 and Devil May Cry 3.

HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM OR KNOW -ANY- WAY AT ALL TO FIX IT???