1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My sweet girl that bricked my PSP.

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by puma20, Aug 13, 2007.

1. puma20

puma20 Member

Hi everybody,

I have got a problem.
    My girlfriend was going on a trip and asked me to borrow her my psp, and yeah.. I did.
    What happens is that she is playing snesTYL for about 20 minutes, then she leaves the game.. goes back to the main screen where you can chose GAME, VIDEO etc. She turns the PSP off, and after that, it has never started up again.

The only thing that happens is that when I try to start it up, I get the power lamp flash green for about 12-13 secounds, after that the PSP dies. I have tried everything, holding and pressing buttons while booting, taking the battery out, pressing and holding the power button to get a cold reboot, EVERYTHING. And nothing works.

So the conclusion is that my PSP has probably bricked.
    I have one of the OE firmwares, dont remember which one but not the oldest one, not the newest one either.
    Question is, do I buy a new PSP or do I reflash it with PSP-Devolution? I dont know anything about installing the chip and it costs half the price of what a new PSP does, isn't there anybody who can help me?

2. tmbm

tmbm Regular member

she bricked your router by playing a game? lol do yo uthink were that stupid, she dropped it or she tryed to upgrade it

3. assadi84

assadi84 Regular member

Im not an expert with bricked psp, but try to go the recovery, im not sure if it gonna work but since you were on an OE CFW then it might work, that what i read from some posts in the forum, and not necessarly a bricking could be caused when u upgrade or downgrade, if you are using a fake memorystick, and when the game is trying to load something, and the psp was turn off, or went out of charge, it might brick the psp, and so many other reasons other than upgrading and downgrading

4. tmbm

tmbm Regular member

no chance, sony aint stupid if your battery goes dead it goes in sleep mode it doesnt turn off and to put it in sleep mode you tap the power button up, ask your gf if she droped it it might e the screen fucked or something inside

5. puma20

puma20 Member

Thing is I know she is not lying because she offered to buy me a new one. But she might have pressed on installation of some firmware update or whatever...

6. zachier

zachier Regular member

Can you access the recovery menu, though? Turn off your PSP completely, then while turning it on, hold the R button. If it brings you to the recovery menu, then there is chance.

7. tmbm

tmbm Regular member

yeah cause she broke it (droped it) and even if she tryed to upgrade from the actuall psp it wouldnt do shit. the only way she could of bricked it is that she tryed to upgrade firmware but didnt know what she was doing or she droped it or she spilt water on it

8. puma20

puma20 Member

I cant access anything.
    When I boot it up, it only shows the green power light for a few seconds, and that is it. after that it just gets turned off, it makes no sound or anything. It just boots and dies.

9. zachier

zachier Regular member

I see. It's a full brick, then. Sorry.

10. BrewAgent

BrewAgent Regular member

A lot of people don't quite know how to access recovery.

Press the power button up and hold it until the PSP is completely off (Hold it for 10 seconds for good measure). Press and hold the Right trigger down and turn the PSP on normally. If you're on 3.40 then you should access recovery, then you just need to replace your flash0.

I actually have heard about PSPs getting messed up (can't recall if they bricked) when you idle an emulated game. What'd be best for you to know is if she's telling the truth. Just ask her if that's what happened, tell her you need to know cause you wanna know if you can fix it, etc. If it's bricked apparently there's a guy on ebay that can fix it? There's another thread on it, waiting for a reply though.

Just ask her again and if she tells a different story let us know. (or if you've been attempting to access recovery wrong)

11. puma20

puma20 Member

@BrewAgent

She is telling the truth, that much I know of.
    Problem is, pressing the power button and holding it for 10 seconds isn't something that the PSP responds to. I have done that many times already, when you press it and hold it, when starting up, it shows the green powerlight for 15 seconds, then it turns off.
    When you wait until you turned it on, then press 10 seconds to turn it off, it still does not respond because its on for those few seconds, and when it "understands that it cant boot" it just turns off. It will not respond to any button at all, it is as if its braindead.

12. puma20

puma20 Member

BrewAgent

She is telling the truth, that much I know of.
    There is no reason for her to lie, and buying a new PSP is not really a money issue either so why would she lie? I just think it is
    a shame for a PSP that doesn't have any hardware problems just to lie there..

Nothing I do work, the PSP will not respond to anything.
    When you boot it up the green powerlight shows for 15 seconds
    and after that it just dies, no matter what you do.
    Even if I press and hold the powerbutton for 10 seconds on the startup or during...

About that guy on Ebay, you got a lin to the thread mate?

13. tmbm

tmbm Regular member

Take out your battery, plug in your AC turn it on see if that helps
    take out the ac power put your battery back in switch it on see if that help, plug in the AC adaptor turn it on, try a different battery, hold down your buttons and give your psp a shake and hear if there is anything loose inside, open your UMD smell it see if you can smell a burnt out smell, remove your memory stick, turn it on see if that works

14. tmbm

tmbm Regular member

take out your game turn it on and see if you can get your USb connection to work, plug in your USB to your pc and psp turn on your psp, turn of your LAN

15. puma20

puma20 Member

Haha I have tried all of that!
    I am going to do the "switch battery" thing.
    Or let my battery die, then reload it and start up my PSP.
    Thing is, if I remove the battery and start the PSP with AC on only, it should be the same as switching battery, and that does not work either..

16. puma20

puma20 Member

Hmm wait, can you get the USB connection to work without turning the PSP on? That should not be possible, since I cant turn my psp on, the only thing that work as i mentioned is the green light for 15 seconds.

17. tmbm

tmbm Regular member

18. tmbm

tmbm Regular member

You probs bricked it but the thing is you dont know what happend cause your GF says she only turned it off, what firmware version have you got?
    take it back to sony and say its faulty unless
    have you upgraded,downgraded what to?

19. puma20

puma20 Member

I have one of the OEC firmwares, do not remember which one but last time I updated firmware was around april-may or something.
    I downgraded the PSP to 1.5 a loong time ago from 2.0 when I bought it.
    And after that I updated it to OEC 3,something..

20. tmbm

tmbm Regular member

what i would do is open my PSP look for any wires disconnected give it a clean anything i could do to try and make it work, check the LCD screen, probs go mad then throw my PSP againt the wall, bury it in my garden save up for a new one, but...theres some pro's on here so wait for a response from them but im sure they are gonna tell you its bricked, i think your GF droped it or was playing around with it.

good luck