1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My V4 Ps2 sucks!!!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by kill3rb, Aug 24, 2004.

1. kill3rb

kill3rb Member

I've been trying to back up my ps2 games for over 2-3 weeks now and i can't get one to work. I've tried madden 05, fight night, nba ballers, true crimes, hot shots 4 and others and still can't get them working. I have a flip top with dvd 2.0 and sm 3.0. I used TDK cd's at first, then switched to the expensive Ritek G04 with the same crappy results. I burn everything with Dvd Decrypter iso write and read. I even used dvdloader read and followed the steps and still nothing. Wth am i doing wrong? If i had the choice i would have never done this cuz it's such a pain in the ass trying to get them to work. IS it my ps2 wat is my problem here? This is gettin really ridiculous. Plz someone tell me wat i'm doing wrong. FOr all the V4 ps2's how are yours working?

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

1. are you using +r or -r?
    2. did you try cleaning your laser lens?

3. kill3rb

kill3rb Member

i'm using dvd-r ritek ridata. And i took my ps2 to a local shop and he adjusted the lenz for me. Even before he adjusted still didn't work. Plus yes i also cleaned my lens with alcohol. I've read the threads and followed them and still no luck for me.

4. Kerdal

Kerdal Member

I'm using a Duo modchip and Memorex DVD+R discs, I was only able to play with games on Memorex DVD+R discs and Verbatim DVD-R.

5. Xian

Xian Regular member

If you are using a fliptop and swap magic, I know that Hot Shots Golf Fore requires CD Loader. I just bought it and backed it up last week. Some of the other titles you mentioned also require CD Loader.
    See http://www.swapmagicfix.com/ for more info on it.
    That shows True Crime as needing it and also shows Madden 2005 as a DVD9. I don't have those so I can't verify but I know HSG Fore required CD Loader.

6. kill3rb

kill3rb Member

Is cd loader the same as dvd loader? I just tried mvp baseball 2004 and still the same old blank screen.

7. bengalboy

bengalboy Member

Hey guys, had the same problem with all backups skipping during audio, cutscenes, or commentary. Cleaned off laser with dry qtip and used a vacuum on low setting on all vents and the fan in the back of the system, and even cleaned the blades of the fan with a qtip. After that I switched to Verbatim DVD+R's(my system is a v7 ps2, sorry, but I've heard v4's will play both +r and -r's so you may want to try a few(maybe a 5 pack) of Verbatim +r's and -r's just to figure it out. The verbatim's are the same price as the maxell's and memorex's everyone talks about. But I've had problems with the skipping with memorex +r's. The Verbatims have been flawless since I did all this and even reburned backups of games on Memorex discs onto Verbatims and now they work great. Good Luck

8. ev1l

ev1l Guest

my socom 2 skips but only the music does it?

9. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

kill3rb, did dvdloader boot up?, if it did then your ps2 obviously is reading the discs you're using, how are you burning the discs? what speed are you burning at, also does your ps2 read copied films?, if it doesn't read copied films, then there's a chance it won't read copied games either, although this is'nt allways the case as I have a v4 that didn't play copied films but played games ok.

if your ps2 has an original 400b laser, and won't read copied films, you may need to chanfe the laser for a new 400b or c, which will cost about £25

10. kill3rb

kill3rb Member

Yes my dvd loader loads up fine. I used my friends backup of spiderman 2 and it worked fine. It's just these games i can't get working. I burn with dvd decrypter write 1x and read 1x. I don' t know wat else to do? Am i burning it wrong? i don't think i am cuz the game that i burn work fine on my friends ps2. So i'm clueless.

SHould i just buy a V10 ps2? would that make it easier? Because this saturday i think i mite and just get it chipped. Or should i just keep it to swap magic? I think my v4's laser is just too old or something.

11. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

if your friends burned games work on your ps2 and yours work on his, then assuming that you're not using the same brand of discs, I would say youir ps2 just doesn't like those discs, try some datawrute yellows maybe, or get a disc off your friend and try them, the swap magic discs are worth keeping as they are obviously working, unless you really want to spend your cash I would just buy a new laser if you can't get your games to boot, they're really easy to fit, especially if you have a flip top

12. kill3rb

kill3rb Member

My friend just used regular dvd-r discs. Like i'm sure his spiderman was probably memorex or soemthing. But i thought i got the best using Ritek G04. So i should downgrade my dvd-r discs? That'll suck cuz i just bought a new case of 50. Also true crimes worked on my ps2 with his memorex and my ritek didn't. So it could be the media, but i dont' know.

13. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

if your ps2 is reading burned games, then I would say it's deffinately the media, don't be put off using some of the cheaper media, the datawrite yellows that I use cost about £11 for 25 delivered, they use the ritek dye, and I have used about 60 or so with no prob's at all, try selling what's left of your discs, buy some of the brand your friend is using, and cut your losses.

14. ev1l

ev1l Guest

whice is the best brand for ps2 dvd r blank's

15. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

ritek/ridata

16. kill3rb

kill3rb Member

apparently not...cuz i have them and i have yet to make a working backup. This sucks, would swap magic work better wit a v10 ps2 cuz of the new laser? Cuz imma just take the top of my old one and put it on the new one? Can someone confirm this? thank you

17. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

a v4 flip top won't fit directly onto a v10 console, some of the screws are in different positions, and there are bits of plastic that would need cutting down to fit it, also the panel on the back of the ps2 that has the lable with the scph# on it is part of the lid on a v10, but it's part of the bottom on a v4, look at my home made flippy, and you will see what I had to do, to get mine to fit on a newer console

18. kill3rb

kill3rb Member

ok i just bought a new ps2 and gave my v4 to my cousin. i'm not sure wat version it is because i had no problems putting the flip cover on top. So did i get a version 9? Anyways i think it was my laser being old because my madden 05, and nba ballers work now. But i'm still having troubles loading fight night and nfl street it skips a lot and i don't knnow how to prevent that. So is it my rippnig that is bad or is it the media? Again i used ritek but my madden and ballers are on tdk. So any advice? thanks.

19. zimzimmer

zimzimmer Member

Well I managed to back up Fight Night 2004 without any problem... I'm using Swap Magic v2.0 (DVD) with a FLIP TOP on a PS2 v6. It was burnt onto a Packard Bell DVD+R.

I'm having trouble with a few others though that I've burnt onto RITEK media.... I thought RITEK were meant to be the best?!? I got RIVISION DVD-R's.

20. hm1

hm1 Regular member

Rivision is Ritek

Arita, Ridisc, and rivision are all excellent.

U cannot beat a Messiah 2