1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My v4 PS2 won't read DVD games anymore!!!!!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by axess68, Oct 13, 2004.

1. axess68

axess68 Member

Well, I modded my PS2 a couple weeks ago. I was playing the original copy of Mortal Kombat Deception and suddenly, the PS2 stopped loading. From then on, it no longer loaded ANY DVD GAMES. It loads CDR Games perfectly. But no long will load ANY DVD games. :(

I tried everything: cleaning the lens, adjusting the DVD adjustment screw on the bottom of the laser--- to no avail. It just refuses to run the DVD games anymore.

Is my PS2 fried now? Is there a way out of it? I am considering picking up another PS2 on Friday. I found a local source to get either a V4 or a V6. I could either get the V4 and just transfer my solderless modchip to the new V4... or get the V6 and order one of those solderless mods. Which way should I go? Is my current V4 FUBAR?

2. axess68

axess68 Member

Anyone? Someone? Help? Please????

3. lynch190

lynch190 Guest

Well, I have a V9 ps2, I started sticken plastic forks in my PS2(fusking stupid), And i had to get it fixed. I THINK it was a laser problem. Like you I could play cd-r games like The Sims, but noe of my DVD games would play.

Hope this helps!!!

4. axess68

axess68 Member

Well, I went to my local EBGames and found a V4 PS2. I'm definitely getting better at modding them! It took me 5 minutes to do the mod this time. So, it works great--it's a refurb and seems to load ALOT faster than my other one did. My guess is that they replaced the laser or the DVD drive itself with a better one. So, I'm set and happy. :)

5. axess68

axess68 Member

6. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

it's a possibility as no solder mods are known to blow internal fuses

7. axess68

axess68 Member

A fuse? Would a fuse cause the laser to be no longer to read DVD games, but still be able to read CD games?

Could such a thing be replaced?

8. madhops23

madhops23 Member

You may want to think about HD and hdloader. It is about the same price as the modchip itself and there is no installation (I cannot solder and am not good at installing things and it worked perfectly for me). It is probably easier on the lense too. Goodluck with your stuff.