1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my vhs and dvd

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Kailer, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Kailer

Kailer Member

I have Pioneer VHS Recorder and a lot of Disney Videos. I want to transfer them to DVD/DVR (cable box) to DVD but unfortunatly I can't do it as my recorder says "Copyrighted Material" What can I do against it?

2. Jeffrey_P

Jeffrey_P Regular member

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/333845

Macrovision is what causes the picture to dim in and out making some people sea sick.
    My brother in law has a few hundred VHS tape copies where Macrovsion wasn't removed. A waste of time and money because for most people it is unwatchable.

Jeff

3. hello_hello

hello_hello Member

Buy a capture card for your PC, or a USB capture device. They're not all that expensive these days (even combo TV tuner/capture cards). I've not met one which is bothered by Macrovision. I've converted a few VHS tapes with mine without any issue. Just connect the VHS player to your capture card and record them to your hard drive. From there you can burn them to DVD. Mine will capture and convert using system encoders such as Xvid or x264, or it'll capture to DVD compliant files.

4. Jeffrey_P

Jeffrey_P Regular member

Unless the movie is not available on a digital format or home movies it's a waste of tof time to make conversions. The DVD will never look or sound any better then the source which in your case is VHS.

Disney has a habit of releasing old stuff then putting them back in the video vault for x amount of time. So if some of the movies you own are not available in a digital format it may be worth your time.

Like hello-hello said a capture card may do the trick..
    You say goodbye, but I say Hello. Hello, hello!

Beatles 1967, Hello Goodbye

Jeff