1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Wii dead? - WiiKey installation gone bad! :( help

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by sg57, Jan 31, 2008.

1. sg57

sg57 Member

Currently, i regret to say my mobo looks like:

[​IMG] The image is blurry, so here's a less blurry one, however this one was before I wiped my solder off the points (so basically, right now i have 1 burnt/bad pad and then some probably)
    [​IMG]

I haven't soldered like this before so my first attempt was the quick solder, unfortunately that made it horrible when i had bridges - so i managed to get it all undone after some painful (to me and the wii mobo) desoldering... So then i tried the wired install - the pads were already worn down but not dead as i put it back together and tried it out after undoing the quicksolder and it worked just like it had before anything was ever done to it. so then i tried the wired method, but a few pads being crap from desoldering, i still had a few bridges and a sloppy install. This didnt work when i tried it so i went back and uninstalled everything and went to try it again without the chip in and i still got the same result.

the result being (and still is acting like) the normal framerate is cut in half (graphics work, just 1/2 as fast), sound is distorted and weird and the DVD drive isn't getting power apparently (doesn't do anything at boot up nor will it accept discs, acts like it has no power). I checked all the cables and i've come to the conclusion it is the damage ive done to my wii's mobo (i can go into some channels without it freezing black too, like the internet channel. when i goto the disc channel or w/e, it spins the virtual GC and Wii disc forever)

I have a few questions :(

1. What do oyu propose I do? My wiikey is still perfectly good I think (no bridging or burnt marks, i took the wires off it to store it until i make a decision)
    2. My mobo is the first version of it (got my wii the first week it came out) and I was wondering if I sell my wii as it is to someone (should they need spare parts or possibly fix it (replace the pad) and make a profit) then get a new one, what are the odds of it being Wiikey compatible? (not D2C) Or can I just replace the wii chip that is possibly ruined or are there encryption keys and whatnot preventing that?

Anyways, if it weren't for that dam quick-solder hype and installation guide I probably wouldn't be in this mess, so please help if you can (i'm willing to send my wii + wiikey to someone trustworthy for them to take a look and hopefully fix and install the chip (i'd be willing to pay if need be), or atleast tell me of a site that professionally installs it for you?)

2. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

all is not lost

if u find a professional to do it they will probably be able to salvage ur wii

good luck

3. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

I can look at it if you want.

4. sg57

sg57 Member

What do you mean look at it?

If you agree to do more than just look at it, specifically, I'm looking for someone to try and get it working how it was then if still possible install the chip.

If some people (or you point me to something showing your trustworthiness and reliability) speak up and agree that you are trustworthy and reliable, I'd be willing to send you my Wii and the chip in hope for you to fix and possibly install the chip if at all possible. If you find it necessary that I need to pay I'll do so (however only if the wii is fixed, else it'll be sold as is on ebay the same price as I would now).

I really don't want to have this mis fortunate event taken advantage of and I'm out both a working wii and money :( Sorry if I sound mean and jumping to assumptions :(

5. sg57

sg57 Member

Ok I did a little research and I found you are proficient at soldering so you do most likely have the ability to get my wii in working order and then some.

Do you think we may speak through PMs or email? I'll take a small gamble and trust you not to pull a fast one and ruin your good name ;)