1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Windows XP couldn't recognize the Motorola v300 phone

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by millher, Dec 5, 2004.

1. millher

millher Member

Hello Everybody ..!! I have a Motorola v300 and I could´'t connect the mobile phone with my Windows XP. I installed the Motorola Handset USB Driver on the machine but after that when I connect the phone using the USB cable I machine didn't recognize it.
    Could you please tell me where I could download another usb driver software to install on my machine?
    Thanks in advance.
    Hernan

2. millher

millher Member

Hi everybody ..!!! I could fix this problem.
    I will describe here all the procedure that I made:
    1)Unistalled the USB drive.
    2)I rebooted the machine.
    3)I installed the USB Driver again.
    4)I installed the Mobile Phone tools
    5)I rebooted the machine.
    6)I connected the machine and the new hardware was found.
    Thanks for your help..!!!
    Millher

3. rockdawg

rockdawg Regular member

Do you have Service Pack 2 installed?

4. millher

millher Member

I have Service Pack 1 installed.

5. captk9

captk9 Member

you need the usb driver to show up under modems in device maneger. if you dont see it there that is your prob.

6. M3phist0

M3phist0 Guest

read my sig

7. mkue2

mkue2 Member

where do i get the usb drivers for the v300?

8. arilynn33

arilynn33 Member

I'm having the same problem, my computer will recognize my phone as a phone and not as a modem. How do I change that?

9. chonki

chonki Member

hey i had the same problem but i just installed this driver (caution confusin instructions ahead) :
    1. first yo need to download the driver which you can get here (this is for xp) www.geocities.com/rpg500e then on that site you go down to where it says you can download anything from that site, clic on there and on the next site download the file called USBMOT2000.INF
    2. go to control panel, then performance and maintainance, then into system, then clic on the hardware tab, then finaly clic on device manager.
    3. in there the motorola v300 phone should have a yellow circle with a "!" in it. right clic on it, and select update driver
    4. in the next screen select yes, this time only, in the next step select install from a specific location (advanced) then go down in the next screen to "dont search. i will chose the driver". In the next screen clic on have disc... in the popup screen select browse and search for the driver you installed finally clic ok and finish the prosses
    5. if it does'nt work or u need help you can email me at rpg500e@hotmail.com hope i helped

10. enfanny

enfanny Member

First:

Go to the following website to download Mobile Phone Tools 3.11 and install it. Click "Ignore" when it prompts up the warning.

http://coma.fsb.hr/motorola/files/Motorola.Mobile.PhoneTools.v3.11h.Final.Retail.rar

Second:

Connect your phone to your computer with data cable. Select the following place for the driver.

C:\MobilePhoneTools 3.11\Setup\program files\Motorola\mobile PhoneTools\inf

Third:

Run the MPT software, if it can not find your mobile, restart your mobile (not computer).

Good luck then.

11. STEELVIP

STEELVIP Guest

HI, i am having the same problem my computer wont recognise my phone in the modem pannel, so can someone pls tell me how to set it up.

Thanx in advance
    STEELVIP