1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my x3 chip and my 1.6 box

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by dreday22, Apr 28, 2005.

1. dreday22

dreday22 Member

i installed a x3 and i'm having trouble. all the led's work but i'm not able to flash. as soon as i turn the box on with the chip the screen goes blank. i've tried every combination including the back up and the screen stays blank. PLEASE any suggestions anyone?

2. mdsup

mdsup Guest

your chip is not installed properly or you have damaged the motherboard...the xbox will boot to Flashbios if everything is working properly.

3. dreday22

dreday22 Member

would u have any idea of wut would not be installed properly for this to be happening? ..once again when i turn it on it doesn't even let me choose how i want to flash it. also the actual xbox light turns all 3 colours when i boot it up ..if that mean anything?

4. mdsup

mdsup Guest

you need to check your solder points...make sure they are all good, and check for solder splashes, also check to make sure you didn't lift any traces...once everything is installed correctly the xbox will boot to a blue Flashbios screen...if you can't get the Flashbios screen you have NOT installed the chip correctly.