1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My XBL account WILL NOT WORK (Not halo 3 related)

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by andmill11, Oct 1, 2007.

1. andmill11

andmill11 Regular member

(im copy'ing and pasting from a post i made on another forum)

9-21-07 (PLENTY before halo 3 came out)

I tried to sign on to xbox.com today and every time i tried to sign in to my account it was always time out and send me to the main screen. So i thought great xbox.com must be down. So then when i got home i turned on my xbox and i was asked to update my dashboard or xbox or whatever. So i did. Then it said i wasnt connected to xbox live and my account wouldnt sign in. So i switched over to my other XBL account and it signed in just fine. hmm weird. So i switched back over and deleted the account so i could recover it. i went through the normal recover thing and when it was coming to the last seconds of recovering it hung at 50% and it said i wasnt connected to the internet or my harddrive was not connected. Both suggestions had to be incorrect because i just got an update from XBL and it wouldnt of even picked up on my other account if my HD was not plugged in.

it partially recovered my account but it wouldnt let me sign in.. SO then i go back to re-delete it to try again and i accidentally hit the delete everything assocciated with the account option so bye bye to all of my gamesaves. I give up on xbox for a while. Once again its NOT my internet. Its my account. My other account signs in fine. Just after this stupid update it like ruined my account.

Well i was on the phone with the xbox customer support people for over 2 hours last night. I was transfered to 3 different supervisors from probably mexico, to india, then back again..

but anyways they couldnt figure out the problem and said they were going to have an investigation on the account to see what the problem is. Apparently they have never heard of this happening before.

This is what they made me do last night.

One. Unplug everything let it sit.. Then turn it back on..

Two. Clear out my cache (i love how he walked me REALLY slow through the button pressing even though i had it memorized for like ever..)

*Transfered to someone else* (this guy sounded very official)

Three. Turn off my xbox, take out the harddrive, turn it back on.

(No seriously he actually told me to try that..)

Four. Make a new account (finally something that would shut them up) and then once it is created delete it and then try to recover it. I deleted it and recovered it NO PROBLEM AT ALL!

Five. Transfer me to another supervisor

Six. He asks me about the account i just created and for its information to see if I ACTUALLY MANAGED TO CREATE ONE SO THAT I COULD BE BLAMED FOR RUINING MY OWN ACCOUNT. Oh what do you know it checks out that i actually did create a new account and then recover it.

Seven. Put me on hold for 20 minutes while he can go discuss it with HIS supervisor

Eight. Apologizes for the long wait and asks for even MORE of my information that were along the lines of..

"while you were saving a game before have you ever turned it off?"
    "During the update did you turn off your console?"
    "While trying to recover your account did you accidentally interrupt it somehow?"

NO NO NO NO NO!!!! IT WAS WORKING JUST FINE! I was able to download the update! Then it RESTARTED ON ITS OWN like its supposed too and then lo-and-behold my account doesnt work anymore. They were trying to play it off as if I DID SOMETHING WRONG so that they wouldnt be liable for it.

*Ahem* anyways after all of that they finally give me THEIR DIRECT LINE to their supervisor while they "investigate the situation"

Whats also weird is that my Gamertag still shows up on all linked forums but i cant sign into my account on xbox.com?

Its a giant wall-o-text sorry but im still waiting for a call back.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

well, another example of why technical support should not outsource. That is what MS, and many other companies, do these days. The result is a bunch of idiots on the other end of your phone line who know little to nothing about the equipment that they are SUPPOSED to be helping you with. If it is not a really simple problems that is in the handbook i am sure they all have in front of them, then your screwed. They just read from a book and if the answer is not there then they are stumped. Supervisors are no better, they seem to know even less then the customer service people.

Had a very similar experience that i posted here about trying to get a new power supply (under warranty. And i am still dealing with that one.

3. mperagine

mperagine Regular member

I worked at a company that outsourced customer service and had to assist in their training...needless to say I left that job quickly. Seems all the tech companies do it, with no benefit to us, the end users.

4. andmill11

andmill11 Regular member

its not even the fact that the customer support people didnt know what they were talking about its the fact that they were trying to play it off like i broke my own account somehow. The account got messed up by the last update not on my own doing.

5. theridges

theridges Guest

is your xbox modded???

either way it seems like a lot but just tell me what happens when you try to sign onto live and what error if any,because you might be banned...

which in all actuality your GT will not be touched but the console itself is banned...

6. andmill11

andmill11 Regular member

No its not modded at all! I have never even glitched or anything. It was just one day i needed the update and then after that my account would no longer work. I tried signing on and i would get a normal connection error. But i could sign into live on my other account so that couldnt be it.

Then i deleted it hoping that maybe recovering it would fix it but then i couldnt recover it any longer. It would get half way then i would get a error that said something about my connection as well.

I even created a new account and then deleted it and then recovered it with no problems which led me to believe that the account is REALLY messed up.

7. theridges

theridges Guest

Wow i totally have no clue then man....
    i wish i could help,do you have any friends with 360's so you can try to recover it on there xbox and see if thats the problem?

8. andmill11

andmill11 Regular member

Uhh yeah i could try that.. I doubt it would work though. Worth a shot.

But even so shouldnt i STILL be able to sign into xbox.com?

9. theridges

theridges Guest

i mean if all else fails just cancel that account and make a new one...

10. andmill11

andmill11 Regular member

Haha its the principle of the matter though. I should be reimbursed or something for their own error correct? There goes all my gamerscore anyways..

I created a new account and as soon as my free months up im going to turn it into a gold i guess. Its cool because i have 100 GS and i have only played Halo 3. Haha i look like i just bought it for one game