1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Xbox 360 Keeps Crashing!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by IM1, Jul 23, 2007.

1. IM1

IM1 Regular member

i havent been playing the xbox for about a week now i when i went to play it yesterday night it ran fine playing NFS carbon but then about 10 minutes into the game the xbox crashed. so i just turned it off and then turned it on again and started the game up again... after another 5-10 minutes of gameplay it crashed again! i just got pissed and turned it off and left it.

now today i tried it and the same thing happened again but this time when i turned it off and on again the 3 LIGHT RED LIGHTS came on. i quickly just turned it off and took out all the cables from it.
    then 10 seconds laters i connected it all back again and turned it on and it was back to normal. i thought it might have been the disk so i cleaned it and put it back in...
    it loaded to the game menue and just crashed AGAIN. so i turned it of once again and turned it on again...
    4 RED LIGHTS CAME UP for about 3 seconds and then went to 3 RED LIGHTS.
    And after that i just turned it off and took out all the cables and left it. Now im too scared to even turn my Xbox on!
    Can Someone please help!! :-(

2. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

You can either send it in for repair/wait a few weeks/get a refurb from MS or try and fix it yourself with the Xclamp mod....and even that is no guarantee it will PERMANENTLY fix the known hardwrae issues the 360 has.

My suggestion is hold MS responsible.

3. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

I/'d be rather embarrassed if I released hardware, and all had a decent chance to breakdown. It is good of MS to extend the warranty to 3 years. Very good of them. I could never see Sony doing something like that.

-Mike

4. IM1

IM1 Regular member

I cant send it back to MS because my xbox has been modded with different xclamps.
    heres what the seller stated:
    I think the problem is something to do witht the heating. The xbox gets pretty hot but then i dont understand because i use to play for hours without any problems.
    How come the problems only start now?

Will getting one of those fans of ebay help?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2007
  5. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Me too since I actually believe they built a better piece of hardware that won't need extensions in warranties to cover up a HUGE mistake/problem...

6. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

The 4 red ights came up because the AV cable was disconnected,as for the 3 red lights call MS and get it taken care of.It wont cost you a dime :D (fans on ebay wont fix it)

7. steimy

steimy Active member

If he doesn't have the warranty sticker then he can't send it back to MS unless he wants to pay them $140 to fix it. But if they had some skills and did save the sticker then i say send that thing back to MS as soon as possible.

Do you keep your house pretty cool, or is it hot inside? Personally my house is kept cool with the A/C unit and i have played it for many hours without the 360 seeming hot.

8. IM1

IM1 Regular member

yes my house is pretty cool, UK has S**t weather so it wouldnt overheat because its very sunny and hot. lol
    Isnt there a way i can fix it without buying a new one or sending it to microsoft?
    please guys! i need help!

9. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

I'll let you know on wednesday(thats when I get my 360 back) what happened with my console,sent it with no warranty sticker.It was worth a shot

10. IM1

IM1 Regular member

how much did they charge you? and how long has it been?

11. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

I've seen a few sellers on Ebay with descriptions close to that. Chances are quite high that you got a 360 which experienced the overheating issue before. Some of these sellers buy 360's which have the 3 red lights, do a mod or 2 to get it running, then quickly resell them. There's a couple of tricks to temporarily fix the overheating issue. But most of the time they don't last too long. I believe you may have gotten screwed over on that purchase.

12. IM1

IM1 Regular member

So what should i do?

13. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

They did not charge me a thing,they didnt ask about the warranty sticker so I didnt tell them a thing.It flashed 3 red lights and 1 red light(also didnt tell them about the 1 red light so I could try and get a free repair).It will be exactly 20 days when I get my console back since I called MS support.I live in Houston,Tx so the repair center is only a couple of hours away maybe making the process a bit faster.I'll keep you posted

14. IM1

IM1 Regular member

please do!
    so are MS now giving free repairs?

15. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

If you have 3 red lights(3 year warranty on 3 lights) other than that(1 red light,two red lights)it has a 1 year warranty from the date of purchase.

16. IM1

IM1 Regular member

the warrenty sticker on my xbox has been voided! how many times do i have to say that. i know guys are just tryna help but i dont have warrenty cus my xbox is modded.
    I've done a temporary fix though!...
    I tried the Towel trick and its actually worked! lol
    but i heard this will only last a couple of hours, does anybody know how i can get a more longer fix or even a permenant fix.

17. IM1

IM1 Regular member

sorry double post

Last edited: Jul 24, 2007
  18. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

I KNOW THAT!!!!!And why did you post this
    I sentMY CONSOLE WITHOUT NO STICKERThats why I told you this
    I was suggesting maybe you try the same thing I did and maybe get your console fixed WITHOUTthe sticker.Im done with this thread

19. zegame

zegame Regular member

wow for serious? did they fix if so thats very good news!

20. IM1

IM1 Regular member

@ thegrunt
    ok chill dude!
    im having a hard time tryna find out whats wrong with my xbox.
    please lemme know if you recieve your xbox