1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Xbox 360 Repair with Custom DVD Firmware

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by DarkElder, Oct 4, 2007.

1. DarkElder

DarkElder Member

[​IMG]

So this is all my fault! I read the thread about the Nyko Intercoolers leading to the ring of death. But for some reason I figured that the Nyko Intercooler EX would not cause this issue in my system. But it turned out that the R.O.D. turned on my and my beloved Xbox 360. To give you some background on my issue I have opened my case and chaned my FW so that I can play MY backups,thus voiding my warranty with Microsoft. I was freaking out. I tried that blanket trick , with no help, so I was stuck with a dead 360. I did look on Ebay and found some repair services but I was not too faithful. In the end I took the gamble and sent my 360 back to microsoft for an IN-warranty repair. Before I sent my system in I wrote a letter explaining my case, and I pleaded not to send my dead system back. I sent my friend Andrew Jackson along for the ride, he is a far better debater than I.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After two weeks, very long weeks, in the Repair shop my status displayed this:

[​IMG]

I know that it worked because My Serial Numbers have changed and I am recieving a new system. I guess it is kinda lame because I have to flash my firmware again , and who knows what DVD drive I am getting back. I hope you enjoyed my story. So just remember ,that all you modders out there, there is hope for your Ring of Death Xbox 360's

2. mperagine

mperagine Regular member

Hahahahaha, awesome!

3. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

I did the same thing but my console flashed error e74(1 light) and was out of warranty(opend it),Told them it flashed 3 red light and received a *new* one,still works great

4. djboy09

djboy09 Member

HAha. I actually got away with murder. I got my xbox hacked, without the seal being broken. I got the red rings, sent it in, and got it back in mint condition (had a crack). Same drive and everything. Im still playing my backups...i love it!