1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my Xbox backups dont work can somebody help me???

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by gcroxx, Jan 22, 2005.

1. gcroxx

gcroxx Member

some of my Xbox backups don't work can somebody help me??? i burnt sudeki and it didn't work it plays the microsoft movie then there comes a screen with sudeki. then it says disc dirty or damaged. other game LOTR the third age. i select the languege. there comes a load screen and it says disc dirty or damaged. i burnend them on a philps dvd-r my Xbox can only read -r so that isn't the problem. i burned silent hill 4 the room on a phips-r and worked perfect. so i think it's not the media could it be the record speed??? i burned them all 3 on maxium speed(8x) and i have 16x dvd burner. i also have burned a lot more games but on other dvd like verbatim and TX they all worked perfect. any one have suggetions of what have gone wrong. maybe damaged image or something????

2. gcroxx

gcroxx Member

o yeah forgot the other games are on TX dvd's on maxium 2 speed. and 2 other games are verbatim 8x speed. so i think it's the image or something went wrong while burning.

3. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Make sure to ALWAYS burn at the lowest rate possible. Also, it might not be a bad burn after all. Try doing an occasional wipe (on your shirt if it's not dirty). I've had to do some backups like that. Call of Duty wouldn't read right until I wiped it off with my shirt very gently, and now it plays fine.

4. gcroxx

gcroxx Member

problem presists even at lowest speed. i burned kelly slaters pro surfer and worked fine burnt at 4x. i burned outrun 2 at 4x and says disc dirty or damaged not even a menu only a gray screen takes a long time and then it says disc dirty or damaged. are it the images because i dl them i don't know or could it be the media? i've never had probloms untill i started using philps -r I always used tx -r and verbatim -r

5. gcroxx

gcroxx Member

it are the images i'm almost sure becease i burned outrun 2 now on a verbatim at 2x and still didn't work.

6. BR7

BR7 Regular member

Which drive is your xbox?
    http://www.llamma.com/xbox/Repairs/Images/DVDComparison.jpg

That picture, from left to right..
    good.. better.. best.

Also, do you patch the default.xbe for media checks? 99% of new games (made after 9/2004 ?), have media checks that need to be patched. New mod-chips and/or new BIOS take care of that check and so will new versions of Craxtion, Quix, ie.

Are you downloading game ISOs? Or transfering from xbox to PC? If downloading, and you've done everything "by the book," I'd say it's a bad ISO.