1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Xbox Died!!!!! Need A Few Question Answered

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by navsav, May 4, 2007.

1. navsav

navsav Regular member

Well my day finally came - which I thought would not happen since the born on date of my xbox is June 2006. ANyway it was last night that my box started freezing up a few time and after a few restarts - BOOM - the 3 red lights of death.

Well lucky for me I bought the box at Costco (almost 6 months ago) and they took it back and refunded my money no problem!! They did change their return policy but furtunately it only affects a few electronics (TVs and computers)
    3. and not video game consoles. In fact the guy even said I was smart for buying it there and this new one i just got will have the same protection (which is pretty much lifetime). Of course they made sure i had every little thing that came with it back in the box.

So my question is what happens to the arcade games I downloaded? I did pay for those and would not want to have to buy them again!!

Secondly, will my xbox live stats still be intact like my ranking in Rainbow 6? Would hate to start that over again!!

2. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

All you have to do is recover your gamertag with the new 360, then you can re-download all the arcade games without paying for them again. The only downside, you have to be connected to live to play the full version of the arcade games.

Your xbox live stats will be right where they were when you last played after you recover your gamertag.

Now, all game saves will be gone. Sorry but nothing you can do about that unless you had an X-Port or XSATA and backed up everything to the PC before you took it back.

3. Ender88

Ender88 Regular member

Not to bum you out or anything, but the Costco return policy isn't as you say. Starting 2007, any electronics or electronic related products have the same no questions asked return policy like everything else at costco, except it's only good for 3 months, after that you can't return it. So since you bought your console 6 months ago (before the policy change), you were still covered (still for life). However, you returned that console and bought this new one (after the policy change), so now you only have 3 months.

It's a bummer, but I'm not letting it stop me from abusing their system. I've never had a laptop before, so I got this on from Costco almost 3 months ago. I have to return it before the 13th. I'm going to keep doing it until I find one I want to stick with or until they tell me I have to stop. I think I can do it at least twice more. I'm glad I'm not stuck with this hotplate of a laptop.

4. navsav

navsav Regular member

Sorry Ender but you are incorrect. Yes they did change the policy and it affects most electronics - but does not include video game consoles - it say right on a sign what you can't return after 90 days: Computers, TVs, ipod/mp3, cameras, cell phones.

A;so the returns person specifically stated that I would be able to return the item again at anytime, and even went on to say it was a good thing i was buying it from them.

So for sure costco is the way to go for buying these units!! Lifetime warranty!

5. navsav

navsav Regular member

Hey PS2,

Well I got the new xbox up and running and recovered my gamertag? Now how do i go about re-downloading those arcade games. Do I just go to the market place and it won't ask me for points in order to download. Actually worse then the arcade games I have lost all my new multiplayer maps for rainbow 6 which was 10 bucks! Hopefully I can get these the same way?

Well at least the nice thing about getting a new xbox is that it is a newer built model - 10-14-06 vs my last one which was 6-13-06! Hopefully this one does not have an issue. ACtually I think I set myself up for failure since my old xbox did have a overheating incident and was not long after that the 3 red lights came!

6. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Yeah, you redownload everything like you "are" going to pay for it, but it doesn't charge you anything. Actually, it'll already have a check in it saying you bought it already.

7. navsav

navsav Regular member

Thanks PS2 you rule.

Hey one more question - how do you set a certain profile to load up autmatically when you start the machine. It always opens up to "player 1" rather then my xbox live id? Is there some system setting that will let you choose my live id as a default?

Thans for all the help

8. Ender88

Ender88 Regular member

I know, I saw the same sentence about Computers, TVs, ipods, etc. and I thought I'd be in the clear as well, but I called their HQ on two seperate occasions and they both told me it was more than just those specific things. For instance, a wireless mouse and a norelco shaver are both only 90 days, and yet they don't fall into that list. Just be careful bro, when it comes time to return it, you'll be shit out of luck if that guy wasn't correct.

9. navsav

navsav Regular member

Hye Ender,

Yeah I suppose you are right about being careful. but it seems they have specified what can and can't be returned sp specifically that I would raise some serious hell if they would not take it back. I doubt they would want to deal with me!!

I mean if they wanted to make it all electronics they should say all electronics have 90 days - but they did not they specified the type of electronic.

I feel confident that they would take it back since I think you could argue the policy with them pretty clearly.

But in all reality I really don't want to have to return this xbox - cause even if its just a day turn around it is still a hassle for me to have lost all of my game saves (so I have to unlock a bunch of stuff again) plus re-download all my games, etc...

Also I really did not put that many hours on my console. I think I did maybe do some damage by accidently having the xbox to close to another piece of equipment that also got real hot and made the xbox overheat. but I hope I never have to return this one - at least for along time!

10. Ender88

Ender88 Regular member

The 360 doesn't have that spiel about 90 days on the bottom of the page, so hopefully they don't give you trouble. How sure are you that you aren't going to get a Benq? I guess you could just return it right away if it did anyways. I might be getting mine from Costco as well (my getting one used locally venture didn't pan out), but I emailed their returns dept. about it first.

11. navsav

navsav Regular member

I think stuff in costco is always a bit older then things at the other electronics store. I imagine they buy a massload of consoles and then sell them off over a period of time. ALthough the new xbox i got was at least a few months older then the first. I did have to hope that it would be a moddable drive - but you are right if not i could have just returned it.