1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my xbox freeze almost every time

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by minimo16, Jan 12, 2007.

1. minimo16

minimo16 Member

hi I brought a xbox from internet,I play for a couple of minutes and then the screen freeze, the I turn of the console i turn on and when the xbox intro appear it freeze again,
    and now when i play a game it freeze almost every time
    but now when i turn off and turn on the green light star to blink with a red light and donĀ“t appear nothing on the screen.

Can somebody help me??????
    thanks....

2. janrocks

janrocks Guest

You bought a lemon!! Unless you bought this machine in the full knowledge it was faulty demand a full refund or replacement.

3. FoofyFoo

FoofyFoo Member

It can be the power supply as well. Try swapping with another power supply. Also, it might be overheating, if it overheats, it usually freezes the xbox

4. janrocks

janrocks Guest

The green-red frag is the giveaway with the freezing. It's a seriously faulty GPU.. seen it hundreds of times in my career.
    Demand a refund BEFORE you open it! If it's already been opened before you bought it then somebody else has obviously given up trying to repair it.. all you can do is check the fan is running and that it's not full of fluff.

5. minimo16

minimo16 Member

the machine was already open, and maybe can be overheating and maybe not because sometimes i just turn on after a several hours like 6 or 8 hours and in the animation of the star of xbox it freeze :(