1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MY XBOX IS BROKEN (I THINK) PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by fondue, Jan 3, 2005.

1. fondue

fondue Member

I bought a broken xbox from a friend for $5.00. I think its broke because something jamed in the dvd drive so he pried it open ,and got it out. He destroyed the drive so i decided to buy a new one for it that i know without a doubt works (dont ask if the prob. is the drive). Heres where the problems at i put the drive in and turned the xbox on ,and it powers on with the green light (just like a working unit),but the normal xbox screen doesnt show up and, the drive doesnt eject. I was wondering if its junk ,and i should sell THANKS FOR READING,
    FONDUE

2. snake65

snake65 Guest

all i can think of is when the box got opened maybe one of the wires inside got snapped or somthin .............hope i could help.

3. fondue

fondue Member

Would it stay green if a wire was broke?

4. fondue

fondue Member

Theres not really any wires where it was opened in fact there not any

5. gsuscrazy

gsuscrazy Regular member

well first off you shouldnt "pry" anything out...smokin to much crack or somethin? they make these tools called screwdrivers for that stuff..lol..anyways..

what drive did you buy? an xbox drive? where? new? used?

did you install it? did you hook it up right?

does the green light start flashing red/green or flashing green the whole time?

man, there are so many things it could be..but..

if it is a working XBOX drive, not a norma pc dvd-rom drive...

and you hooked it up CORRECTLY..and you are sure you did..

and everything should be working..then open the box, unplug the IDE cable from the disc drive. boot up the box. eject the disc drive. turn off the xbox. plug the IDE cable back in. boot up. it could be that the box things the drive is open, when its closed, and closed when its open..but if you REALLY want some good advice, then you need to explain EVERYTHING the box is doing, what the screen looks like, if you get anything, or if its like the a/v doesnt even notice there is a signal, if it flashes, if so what color etc.

6. fondue

fondue Member

the drive is an xbox tompson and was bought new ,and i didnt pry it open friend did with a paint can opener

Last edited: Jan 5, 2005
  7. punqewe

punqewe Active member

Check the cables

8. fondue

fondue Member

cables have been checked i think the xbox is screwed i will probably sell it because no one knows what's wrong with it

9. gsuscrazy

gsuscrazy Regular member

well when u turn it on, what happens? what does the screen look like? etc..i mean, u gotta understand anything can be fixed, if u are interested in getting rid of it, set it up on ebay, and tell me the item listing, and i might bid on it...but seriously a little patience goes along way. so..

what does it do when the power comes on..every step give a description of the xbox activities and what come up on the screen.

alright now..