1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Xbox Softmod Won't Boot

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by hackaveli, Jan 26, 2008.

1. hackaveli

hackaveli Member

SO I softmodded the box. Prob was the plug came out wen it was either installin the dash or replacing bios (prbably this). So now it won't boot past flubber screen cuz it comes up to a black screen. I cant boot any Auto Installer or game. Do I need a modchip cuz im considering getting one.

2. LufianGuy

LufianGuy Regular member

I wish I could help you, but I really don't know what to say.

If you can't boot to a dashboard you are screwed I would assume and losing the power during a softmod is probably a worst case scenario.

I guess possibly a chip could reformat it all for you.

Or you could just go out and buy a used Xbox console.

3. hackaveli

hackaveli Member

ill probably get an xecuter3 with the solderless xapt3r.

4. DLyon4

DLyon4 Regular member

You can rebuild your dash. How did you do the doftmod. Was it a game exploit. SInce you said the autoinstaller works, I assume you are talking about AID, so find SID (softmod installer deluxe), load it and rebuild your HDD or actually rebuild your softmod. How did the plug come out? Were you wrestling around it or something. Anyway as long as you went through the steps to backup everything then you should be able to undo it.

5. LufianGuy

LufianGuy Regular member

I don't see how he can because he can't load his xbox dashboard, so he doesn't know the IP address to FTP to it.

I would also assume if the dash doesn't load anything in the DVD drive won't be read.

Please explain to me how to fix his problem if u can?

6. whaevr

whaevr Member

Try and get an error 12 then use Xplorer 360?

Edit:
    Or build an eeprom reader, get the eeprom, make a xboxhdm disk, then rebuild hdd with clean 5960 files..

Then go through softmod again..but keep the power cord in ^^

You should probably try the first option, then if that doesn't work the second is fool-proof

Last edited: Jan 30, 2008
  7. DLyon4

DLyon4 Regular member

Lufianguy; My bad, you are right. When I first read the post, My mind saw can boot, not can't boot.

Hackavelia; Sorry about the bum steer, I'll keep my reading glasses on from now on. :)

8. hackaveli

hackaveli Member

u think i cud find the ip by doing a -netconfig or wateva once i hav it hooked up via crossover?

9. corn

corn Guest

You probably could, but even then I don't know if you could FTP into it. Just get a EEPROM reader and rebuild, you can find them on ebay.

10. varnull

varnull Guest

Your dash is corrupt.. have you tried booting an original game? (there is an undocumented fast boot for a couple of the 48xx series kernels which avoids the flubber animation.. hold both triggers and white and X then power on holding the buttons and triggers) everybody has halo2.. put it in and reboot.. go to live settings (no internet connection) and see what happens. if you get a dash update you are solved.....

If not it's well stuffed up and the recovery is long and complicated..
    hotswap on error12 (unplug dvd drive ide cable) read the hotswap tutorials..build a dash disk with xboxhdm.. in fact read lots more than we will answer here ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2008
  11. hackaveli

hackaveli Member

ill try it

12. jmanbig

jmanbig Member

if you can boot originals try booting the game you soft modded with you my be lucky if it works u can then ftp before you reinstall the mod if not your going to have to make a eeprom reader there easy to make i was making and selling them at one stage lol let me know how it go's mate

jsm