1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My xbox Version 1.6 No-longer turns on....

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by scamino1, Jul 15, 2007.

1. scamino1

scamino1 Guest

ok, my xbox version is 1.6 and i have an exox softmodded dashboard. One day i was happily playing halo 2. Another day...... it took a shit on me and no-longer powers up. I tried a friends power coard, i tried plugging into a different wall socket. No luck.Did i blow a fuse in my xbox?please tell me i dont need a new power supply!!!!. Any help would be great.

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Open it and have a look for any burnt or damaged parts on the power supply!

3. scamino1

scamino1 Guest

Hmm thats a good idea. I just tried . I cant see anything burnt on the power supply or the motherboard. Could it be the gigantic fuse in my power suply?I dont know how to tell if its burnt out or not. Its the kind of power supply that has a fuse looking thing soldered into it.....

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2007
  4. scamino1

scamino1 Guest

I just now applied New thermal paste to both the gpu and cpu to see if it would make a differnece but it didnt.Could it be a bios problem? Could the power button be damaged?

5. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

6. scamino1

scamino1 Guest

ok just looked at the website, then i realized, i have 1.6b, not 1.6. u see, i have 2 broken xboxes, one is 1.6 another is 1.6b. So, its a 1.6b. I think im going to get a new inline fuse, solder it where the old 1 was. maybe that will work.Let me know if you have any more ideas people.

Thanx

7. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Can you test the broken one with the power supply from the other?

8. scamino1

scamino1 Guest

no, i tried, they are differnet versions,good idea though

9. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

The v1.6 are a pain in the ass! Did you test the fuse?

10. scamino1

scamino1 Guest

i dont have a testrer, i do at my dads, ill try this weekend wen i go. Hopefullly its just the fuse, which i think it is...how do i no if i blew the fuse? will it be a certain color?

11. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Nope, you have to test it!

12. scamino1

scamino1 Guest

Alright ill try it tomorrow..

13. scamino1

scamino1 Guest

Ok , i checked the fuse and its fine just like i thought.Anyway, i couldnt find the problem so i took it to some asian shop that fixes xboxes. they sounded like they knew what there doing, they said i need a new power suppply, so they ordered the part and i left the xbox there for them to put in the power supply. It should be done in about two days.

14. scamino1

scamino1 Guest

Ok , i just found out its not the psu, the asian place put a new 1 in and they said it still wouldnt turn on. What else could be the problem?

15. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

So basically the Asian place know dick about Xboxs...

Have you tried a new Power Button board?

16. scamino1

scamino1 Guest

yea, pretty much, and yes i tried a new 1, but none of this maters anymore because!!!!aS OF YESTERDAY, I FIXED MY OLD XBOX AND PUT IN THE NEW BROKEN XBOXES HD. Thanx for the help anyway people. I reallty do appreciate it.So o well, i now have a working xbox.Thanx

17. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Glad to hear!

;)