1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My xbox wont read dvd...help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by solamax, Jul 7, 2007.

1. solamax

solamax Member

Hello all

I have a xbox with excuter 3 ce and evox 3935 and it plays games perfectly but when I try to put in a dvd movie (originals not copies)I can get it to launch dvd. I try to disable the chip but it gives me a message of "your xbox needs servicing" (black and green letter on screes). Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated. How can I make it read my dvds?

Thanks in advance

2. maynard1

maynard1 Member

I would try using aid ( auto installer deluxe) and installing dvd region.
    hope this helps

3. solamax

solamax Member

AID is quite a huge program....I'll see if I can get it. Is there anyway that I can just edit the evox.ini file and make it work? I have the "launch dvd " line in it.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

DVD RegionX is a great program to have, so i would go ahead and get that as mentioned above.

Have you tried playing the DVD with any other method, like using XBMC to play it rather than launching it with the dashboard link?

And you can check the INI file and see what it says, it may have the "launch DVD" link pointing to the wrong drive or something.

5. solamax

solamax Member

Thanks got it to work, using XBMC. Though I notice a few glitch with the program but it ok. I'll try regionx