1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MYDVD,Ulead, WINDVD probelms

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Travelers, Oct 27, 2003.

1. Travelers

Travelers Member

I am having problems and am starting to think it's my computer.
    I am using ADS usb Instant DVD to capture from VHS into programs, such as My DVD 4.0.4, Intervideos WIN dvd, or Ulead 6.0.
    I seem to be able to capture it okay, but cannot play them back without crashing.
    I try to open the file in the program it was captured in, and I get the lovely, this program has encountered an error and must close. Actually I get that error when I right click on the saved file in My Documents.
    I have tried playing the video in WMP, or Windows movie maker cannot import, or capture it.
    Should I try another software program?

I have a AMD 400mhz, 512 ram, Windows XP pro. My hard drive is only 10 GIG, but I am just testing with 4 minute clips.
    I have removed all other USB items, I have all the programs shut down that were running in the back ground.
    I realize that is a load for this machine, but it meets the minimum requirements of all the software.
    Thanks!

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well I just checked with Intervideo and your PC doesn"t even meat the Minimum requirements to play a Mpeg file with WinDVD...The Minimum requirements are a 350mhz Intel CPU with MMX or a 450mhz AMD with 3D Now and if there isn"t enough CPU to Play a Mpeg file then there isn"t going to be enough to Open up Mpeg files in Editing/Authoring software like MyDVD, The Sonic Web site states that the Minimum requirements for Sonic MyDVD is a 800MHZ and the Ulead site says For Ulead Video Studio 6 it recomends a Minimum 1.4ghz PC, so I think your PC is Just to Slow...Maybe it is Time for an Upgrade, and this is the time to do it Cuz upgradeing it Totally Cheap, Just last weekend I Built a whole 2.4ghz Intel System with a Gforce Video card 256mb DDR Ram 40gb Hard drive and a 52X CD Burner for $325 US and these are all Brand New Parts and you can get a New Motherboard with say a Athlon XP 2000+ for about $120 US, that and maybe a power Supply is all you really need to upgrade your PC and it is easy to do yourself, Cuz it looks like you aren"t going to be able to do much with your PC the way it is, I use a P-4 2.53ghz PC and I do a Lot of Video work and even Mine sometimes Lags cuz it isn"t fast enough...well anyways Good Luck and get an Upgrade...Cheers

3. Travelers

Travelers Member

Thanks!
    I was thinking that was the problem, I never thought to go to the actual websites to check.
    When I bought that stuff from Tiger Direct, I specificaly bought those Items because according to their website, my Machine met their minimum requirements. Truth in advertising at work! Shame on me.
    I just ordered a bare bones kit, 2.0 gig Celeron, I wanted the P4, but maybe in a month or 2
    Thanks again.