1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

myHTPC

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by vurbal, Nov 6, 2003.

1. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

Last week I ran across some free HTPC software called myHTPC. It's currently in public Alpha testing. I haven't had a chance to play around with it much yet, but since this new forum looks so empty I figured I'd help get the ball rolling. You can get more information and download the software at http://myhtpc.net/

Last edited: Nov 6, 2003
  2. smichali

smichali Member

I used myHTPC for a while, then switched over to XP MCE, and the two are very close. Just like anything, though, each has got its perks. MCE uses Windows Media Player to organize music, which isn't how I'm used to doing it. It's also not possible to queue up songs with MCE. So if you're into music, I really like the functionality with myHTPC.
    MCE does do a nice job with the TIVO functionality, which myHTPC doesn't even touch.

Personally, I've got MCE doing the main HT stuff, and I've got HTPC for when I want to play music.

3. nyron26

nyron26 Member

MCE does do a nice job with the TIVO functionality, which myHTPC doesn't even touch.

This is not true...use TV plugin and some other tweaks and works just like tivo. And its free!