1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Myrix DVD media (Staples brand) any good?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by bratcher, Mar 13, 2007.

1. bratcher

bratcher Active member

Just recieved some old time radio show discs that are Staples +R & CD Check says they are manufactured by Myrix. They read fine in my Plextor but I'm going to copy then to TY -R media anyway as a backup.

I wonder how long the myrix discs will last before the media starts going bad? I'm last on the distribution leg & the radio shows are in the public domain.

As to my own burning I only buy TY single layer & Verbatim double layer DVD.s...

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Staple's uses some lower quality manufacturers.Their Made in India spindles usually code as MBI and their Made in Taiwan code as Cmags.

Myrix doesn't ring a bell. Try this free tool to find the MID code of them and post back:

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd-r_tools/dvd_identifier.cfm

As long as you can rip them to your harddrive,you'll be ok. If they are not ok,then you'll get a crc error and they will be harder or impossible to rip.

3. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

Let's don't sugar coat this They suck ! don't waste your money if they are free maybe, for matching sets of costers, LOL

4. bratcher

bratcher Active member

It's an MBI code. Haven't tried to rip the discs to my HD yet.

MBIPG101

The discs were free so I'm not complaining. As to my DVD's all I buy anymore in single layer is 8x TY. Wonderful stuff!

5. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

Free is good ! so are Verbatim disc

6. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Those are moser bauer's. Not exactly quality stuff,but can't beat that price.

Let's hope they were burned on a quality burner and at a sensible burn speed.

If you can get them on your harddrive,then it's a pc of cake.

Good Luck!!

7. bratcher

bratcher Active member

All 9 discs copied to my hard drive just fine I'll burn DVD's of it later. I still wonder how long those MBI code discs will last though. Guess I'll hang onto them & test the discs once a year for awhile. But I'd never buy nor burn stuff to that mid code of discs. Nope, as I've said before I love TY!!