1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mystery Chip... Fact or Fiction??

Discussion in 'PS2' started by KDCME, Oct 17, 2003.

1. KDCME

KDCME Guest

Here's the deal... I was told a couple of months ago that there is a chip that you can install into your PS2 and copy games directly onto that chip in your PS2. Is this true and if so, where can I get it? If that's all a bunch of crap, exactly what do I need in order to be able to burn PS2 games, and money isn't a big deal, it doesn't have to be cheap, but not sky high either.. Thanks a bunch ;o)

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

a pc, a dvd writer and software like dvd decrypter/nero/record now and a read of the backup tutorial at the top of the first page of this forum oh and some kind of mod to your ps2 to allow it to play backups.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2003
  3. KDCME

KDCME Guest

devilhunt... I really dont know a whole lot about nero and the chip and everything, i need someone to explain to me what I need to get, and where i need it. all im looking to do is burn ps2 games, i heard that you can download them right into your ps2 but i dont really know. please help. thanks :)

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

you need a dvd writer in your pc there are various brands on the market at various prices all can be brought either on line or from your local pc shop most people use +/-r dual format writers now(i use a pioneer). an easy to use backup software for your ps2 games is dvd decrypter((this program is avalible for free download on the internet)full guide on how to use it is on top of page one of this forum).i beleve you can store some ps2 games on a ps2 harddrive but i cant help you with that one as i dont use it myself.them you need a mod to your ps2 either a internal mod chip or a boot disc.problay the best mod chip is the dms3 its quite expensive and also dificult to install unless you are quiet good at soldering but do some research on mod chips by checking out a few sites on the net and decide what chip is best for you.your other option is boot disc and fliplid/slide card which are cheap and easy to install(but means you have to swap disc's to boot your games. if you are thinking about using the swapmagic boot disc's then wait till swapmagic 3 is released.cant realy help you with the mod chip info much more as i use swap magic myself.one last thing if your ps2 is a v1-3 then it dosn't support +r format discs,most v4 and v5 onwards support +r.all ps2 versions support -r discs hope this iofo helps

5. MrToast

MrToast Guest

just get nero 6.19 get all plugins and updates (www.filemirrors.com) and hit copy dvd but DONT click quick copy, in about 9minutes you will have a perfect backup. Ive dont this 50 times with NO problems. winxp pro, sony dru510a. I see alot of people using other programs and you dont need to. Nero can do it all and much faster