1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N00B need some help....

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Schempe, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Schempe

Schempe Member

I have a v. 10 PS2
    I have Action Replay EVO Max with 16m pendrive.
    I have read several post about booting backups. I found found people saying things that just don't work or happen. One guy said that when I tell armax to start game the try will open automaticly, it doesn't. Another post says to highlight "add cheat" and press x 3 times. It just changes the name of the new cheat to "aaa". I have tried deleting a cheat and adding it back in: then waiting for cd to spin down, it doesn't. I went to that website to see what version I had everything match to version 10 except date code which is 4C.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

3. Schempe

Schempe Member

PS2 without modchip, Using GS/AR/Swap Magic with Swipe/Slide Card or Flip Top, PS2 DVD backup booting

8. Press X three times. You will see "Updating code list please wait" each time)
    When I press X 3times it names the new cheat "aaa". I have tried deleting codes then puting them back in. It does not say "Updating code list please wait" but does say "saving settings"

11. Press X again, you will see "Updating code list please wait"
    It does not say that it just goes to launching game.

12. You will hear Original DVD stop spinning
    I have turned evrything off in my house just to make sure I can hear this. There is a very quick stop and restart. Not humanly possible to do anything during that 1/10 sec. Other than that it does not stop spinning.

Tried it.

4. Schempe

Schempe Member

I was looking around at linker4u. They have HDAdvance 2.0(USA Ver.) + Maxtor 200GB HDD + BB Unit(USA Ver.) would i be able to save games to the HDD and play them from HDD. That one is $200 US. Is there somewhere cheaper. Also I see flip top stuff for Flip Top Cover for PS2 (V9 / Model SCPH-5000X). But I have (V10 / Model SCPH-50001) date code 4C. Will sometyhing like that work.

5. Schempe

Schempe Member

sorry double post

Last edited: Jan 5, 2005
  6. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

yeah, get a fliptop and swap magic discs. Your version of action replay probably doesn't work for backups.