1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

n64 emmulators?? i need help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by jimix, Feb 3, 2005.

1. jimix

jimix Member

can any1 out there help me out? i have all the roms (i believe they have an .64 extension of some kind) but i dont know which emmulator will run them properly??

i have tried a couple , was wondering if any1 else had any success

2. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Surreal64, the Xbox Version. You can get it from #XBINS.

3. jimix

jimix Member

quadratic i have acquired surreal 64 from #xbins.. the pictures of the games come up on the mneu i try to load them using any of the 3 options and all i get is black scrren.. any suggestions would be much appreciated..jim

4. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Well some of the roms are like really big so you have to be patient. If it doesn't load after 3 minutes restart the xbox and try again. Some roms are 256 bit so yeah you do have to wait some time for the xbox to load them. It's perfectly normal dude.

5. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Well some of the roms are like really big so you have to be patient. If it doesn't load after 3 minutes restart the xbox and try again. Some roms are 256 bit so yeah you do have to wait some time for the xbox to load them. It's perfectly normal dude.

6. jimix

jimix Member

thanks quadratic for the replys it is much appreciated.. i am still trying mario 64 (u) and tetrisphere and i have a few others.. the extension of the files i am usinf is ( .z64) i hope that is correct or else i am goin nowhere the average file size is around 8mb and for games like zelda it gets up to 33 mb. the mbit (in surreal) which you refered to (64 for tetrisphere and super mario)

i just konw what it's like to give newbie's adive and i want to make shure am using all the proper tools and files

i am still getting black screen , could it be that maybe only certain games run on say (project 64 or ultra54 or wherever that first 1 is i think it may be 1964??

7. punqewe

punqewe Active member

goto the forums on xbox-scene.com and there's an emulators section that has a list of what roms work with what emulators in surreal.

8. jimix

jimix Member

yup went to x box scene still verything is balckscreening EVERYTHING! i really need help the files i am using are the (u) or (e) and most of em are 8 megs with an extenion of .z64 i believe i just wanna make hure i am doing everything right