1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N64 ROMs

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by Thinkdiff, Feb 25, 2005.

1. JAYSUN33

JAYSUN33 Guest

i got the compatible rom list just wanna know how to make and burn to disk:)

2. Thinkdiff

Thinkdiff Member

mind sharing the list?

Also, if you got that far, you burned it correctly.

3. DixonButz

DixonButz Member

I got Zelda the Ocarina of time working. I did the Phoenix load, copy to destop, and rename. Couln't get it working with Phoenix. So I used GC Disc Server v1.3.0beta to upload with PSO, and it works great! Even saves to memcard. Have to try another rom before bed. One question: I used the OOT rom. When I play it, it is the Master Quest, why?

4. DixonButz

DixonButz Member

Waverace 64 works perfect! It also had the Zelda master quest screen when loading.

5. DixonButz

DixonButz Member

You don't even have to change the extension to .gcm I just loaded Mario 64 without renaming. Every game I tried works perfect. Like the GC is backward compatible with N64.

6. DixonButz

DixonButz Member

Also, there is no need to copy and paste the N64.iso from the Phoenix folder. Just load it with Phoenix.

7. Thinkdiff

Thinkdiff Member

That doesn't work if you want to burn the ISO for use with Viper/Cobra ;)

8. DixonButz

DixonButz Member

OK. Forgot about that. Can more than one rom be burnt on a disc?

9. soccerboi

soccerboi Guest

Yeah, it does work without renaming it, but I like to keep them as GCMs. As for the compatability list...

Animal Forest
    ++Banjo Kazooie (confirmed by JAYSUN33)
    ++Blast Corps (confirmed by JAYSUN33)
    ++Body Harvest (confirmed by JAYSUN33)
    Cruise'n USA
    Dr.Mario
    ++ISS Soccer (confirmed by JAYSUN33)
    Legend of Zelda
    ++Mace the Dark Ages (confirmed by JAYSUN33)
    Mario 64
    MarioKart
    MarioParty 1
    MarioParty 2
    MarioParty 3
    ++Milos Astro Lanes (confirmed by JAYSUN33)
    Panel de Pon
    Paper Mario
    Pilotwings
    Pokemon Stadium
    ++Star Soldier (confirmed by JAYSUN33)
    Starfox
    Yoshi's Story
    ++Wave Race (confirmed by DixonButz)
    Zelda : Ocarina of Time

This is the one Nintendo included on the disc, but other obviously work, so I'll add them with 2 pluses in front of them.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2005
  10. soccerboi

soccerboi Guest

Only one rom can be burnt to disc as of right now. I'll be glad when my Viper can read CDs, cuz that will save me a lot of money on testing n64 games.

11. Thinkdiff

Thinkdiff Member

It's the gamecube that doesn't read CDs, not the viper. GC reads DVDs only.

12. soccerboi

soccerboi Guest

Thinkdiff - thanks for telling me that

DixonButz - It shows the Zelda Master Quest loading thing because the n64 emulator was ripped off from the Master Quest/Ocarina of Time complication made by nintendo. There probably is a way to change the logo, but nobody has made a tool for it yet.

Anybody with a BBA please test different n64 games to see if they work, and report them whether they work or not. I am trying to make a compat list of the n64 emu for gamecube.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2005
  13. JAYSUN33

JAYSUN33 Guest

other games that work are:
    mace the dark ages
    mario kart 64
    milos astro lanes
    iss soccer
    star soldier
    i know these work as i have them on cd and they all play fine :)

14. JAYSUN33

JAYSUN33 Guest

REMOVED

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2005
  15. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

@ JAYSUN33

Posting email addies and offering pirated material are on the wrong side of the forum rules so let's not do that anymore and have a much needed look at the forum rules - there's a link to them in my sig ;)

16. morphx

morphx Member

you guys are crazy @:eek:O)> burning 1 N64 rom on a dvd-r? what a waste of a dvd-r,i mean burning a GC game is one thing but a N64 rom? I have snestation for ps2 and the whole snes collection is on 2 "cd-r's" I i could play them on my ps2 or a pc emu like project64.

until somone find out how to burn the whole collection on 1 dvd-r,you may want to hold off trying to burn N64 roms on pricy dvd-r's and gamecube does'nt like cheap dvd-r's anyway so i know you guys are paying top dollar for mini or full size dvd-r's and if you don't like playing your GC with your top lid case off,the you must be using mini dvd-r's and the cheapest they come are at 99 cents each!!,either you guys are rich or really dumb.

Take some advice,just stream them like i am doing,it's not worth me burning just 1 32mb N64 rom file on a 4.7gb dvd-r or a 1.4gb mini dvd-r

Last edited: Mar 7, 2005
  17. Supadave

Supadave Member

I got to agree with Morphx on this one guys.. Waste of dvd's at the momment. Unless there is one or two you really must have and you only own a gamecube. I have all the roms dumped onto my xbox hd and just run them from there. I suggest using GC for GC games and something else *cough-xbox* for all your emulation needs. *cough-ps2*

18. JAYSUN33

JAYSUN33 Guest

yeah a dvd may be 99 cents but if u could get a game like banjo tooie working which costs anything up to $50 for a cartridge on ebay then yeah i think its worth it!!!

19. soccerboi

soccerboi Guest

Why does it matter how many mb's a game is? I mean, Ocarina of Time is better than more than half the Gamecube games available now. Same with Mario 64. Some people don't have the BBA (like me), and don't want to spend the money on it. Sure it's more handy, but it costs money too. BTW, one ridata G04 costs around 33 cents.

Thanks JAYSUN33, added those to the compat list

20. morphx

morphx Member

soccerboi,you must be talking about 4.7gb full size ritek dvd-r's costing 33 cents,because 1.4gb mini dvd-r's are more expensive then full size,i was refering to people who "DON'T"like playing their gamecube with their top off(naked gamecube with circiuts showing)sexy ha? :eek:) but if you are using 33 cent ritek mini dvd-r's i would sure as hell like to know where you buy them b/c there is no place on the entire internet that sells mini dvd-r's for 33 cents each,special "RIKTEK RIDATA MINIDVD-R'S"these are one of the best high quality mini dvd-r's on the market.

but to each is own,it's your dvd-r's,i just wanted to give a little friendly advice,get a ps2 and download snestation to play the whole super nintendo rom collection on 2 cd-r's or use a N64 emulator to play them on your pc. :eek:)