1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N64 ROMs

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by Thinkdiff, Feb 25, 2005.

1. imri

imri Member

there are a handful of games that work, none of them are really good. i think jurai's loader is just a hack of the original loader. even if everygame loaded you still cant save so lots of games are pointless.

2. samusXP

samusXP Regular member

I just played Paper Mario using Phoenix, and it let me save. I was completely dumbfounded. "How the hell!?" I looked at the saves on my memory card, and it says Paper Mario with a Zelda logo. Has this happened to anyone else?

3. samusXP

samusXP Regular member

If it matters, the Paper Mario save took up 21 blocks on my memory card.

4. soccerboi

soccerboi Guest

Notice how when the game is loading it has the Zelda logo? They ripped the emulator from the Zelda Ocararina of Time/Master Quest disc for the Gamecube.

Because of that, all the graphics in the emulator are designed for Ocarina of Time, including the memcard save graphic. That is why you saw the Zelda save game thing.

5. soccerboi

soccerboi Guest

btw, has anybody tried the multigame boot thing with viper 1.0? I'll try it once I tweak my laser, but Viper 1.0 wont work for me untill I do so.

For those of you who do not know, there is a tool that lets you put more than one GCM on a disc. This way, you could have a patched version and an unpatched version of each game on a test disc. Sometimes a game only works with a patch. Other times, the patch messes it up.

But this way, you could have more than 20 games on 1 disc!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2005
  6. soccerboi

soccerboi Guest

I found Jurai's Loader, but you need to have the Ocarina of Time/Master Quest GCM to use. If anyone has one, just download it here:

My guess: It will work the same as Phoenix

But, if it does work better, that would be awesome, so somebody try it!

7. samusXP

samusXP Regular member

Where is the link for the Jurai injector? I have the Master Quest GCM that I ripped yesterday to try the Jurai loader, but every site I found was down.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2005
  8. soccerboi

soccerboi Guest

whoops sorry, forgot the URL :)

Here you go:
    http://gchack.free.fr/utils/jur-injp.rar

Hey, and check out nintendomax.com, it is the most amazing site ever!
    Just use babelfish (babelfish.altavista.com) to translate it from french. They have the emulators for NES, GBA, and N64 with easy to use tools.

There will be some translation errors so here are some I found, and corrected (French trans error->English)
    Romanian->Rom
    Swore->Jurai
    STAKE->Injector

Oh yeah, and telechargments are downloads.

There you go!

9. jawsper

jawsper Member

jaysun33:

i don't have a clue where to look for with that "IPS patch"
    can you explain it a bit more?

10. soccerboi

soccerboi Guest

IPS patching is a way to change the rom. You get the patches at dextrose.com and apply them using an IPS patcher. The IPS patches fix some compatibilty problems.

11. jawsper

jawsper Member

apparantly jaysun33 got blast corps working.

i guess i need a blast corps IPS patch then, but dextrose doesn't have it and i have no clue what to search for with DC++ as he recommends.

12. migs255

migs255 Member

is there anyway to play n64 games on a gamecube without a mod chip and if there isnt whats the price range for one

13. clickbile

clickbile Member

Ugh, I wish I had read about the Banjo-Kazooie patch before burning it. Too bad. Anyways, Super Mario 64 - I tried JP and USA - doesn't work for me. It just loads into a black screen. I tried MANY games on one disc - out of them, Beetle Adventure Racing had horrific graphical glitches that made it unplayable, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater gave a message that said the game was not intended for play on the system, and Mario Kart 64, Wave Race 64, Kirby: The Crystal Shards, and Star Fox 64 all worked fine. The rest of them - and there was a bunch, in my other topic - did not work. All of them either froze when the loading bar was full, or after it finished deciding whether or not to save, saving, and tried to start the game. It just froze right there.

The only exception was Perfect Dark, which didn't freeze. It completed loading and then just stopped. I know this because holding B+X+Start did reset the GameCube, which doesn't work when frozen.

14. soccerboi

soccerboi Guest

whoops forgot to tell you guys at this forum.

Mario 64 takes around 5 minutes to create a save game at the black screen. just let it sit there.

If a game freezes at the bar, that game is incompatable with this emulator.

15. similian

similian Member

Hi there,

could someone write a tutorial of patching n64 roms and loading them with a working zelda iso or whatever.

I know how to write the rom into the iso. There is no difference between the jurai iso or other iso for me all work/ don't work the same way.

Only Mario Kart 64 works !
    Mario 64 doesn't unpatched.

My question is :
    How to patch Mario 64 and what iso should i use ?

Patchin on dextrose isn't described that well i guess.

thx

sim