1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N64 Roms

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Spyder22, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Spyder22

Spyder22 Regular member

How am i suppost to get N64 Roms? do i download them? or get them from the game cartrage? or somthin else?
    Im not asking a site to get them from, just wondering how to get them

THANX

2. azn_kda

azn_kda Regular member

You can find a roms site that has N64 games. basicly you just download them. it comes in zip file sometime.

3. Spyder22

Spyder22 Regular member

ok thanks

is it illigal to download roms and use emulators (just wondering)

4. punqewe

punqewe Active member

depending on the rom and what country you live in. The emulators aren't illegal as long as they don't use any illegal code. The roms are another story.....some roms still have their copyrights active (eg.pacman,donkey kong....) so these ones are technically illegal to emulate. You can find them on the web,but it's still illegal. Also,in some countries it was passed a year or so ago that it is totally LEGAL to emulate obsolete systems. Like the old intelevision,atari,colecovision....etc. You should be ok though.....just don't advertise what you have or try to sell what you get.

5. Spyder22

Spyder22 Regular member

thanks

6. zeno60

zeno60 Member

You can find some of the more popular roms through p2p programs (Bearshare, Kazaa, etc.) they will be in exe or zipped format, and most of them should uncompress to a .v64 filetype.

7. Bubba1982

Bubba1982 Regular member

Only so long as it's legal where you live to download console roms. I would surgest going to http://www.emuparadise.org for your roms. But I repeat only if its legal in your country. ;)

8. Hooner

Hooner Member

So with these N64 emulators that you have linked to, which ones are actually made to play on the xbox? I'm sry if it sounds like a newb question, but in the details, it doesn't quite say which one is compatible to play on the xbox :p

9. punqewe

punqewe Active member

best one is surreal64

10. Bubba1982

Bubba1982 Regular member

punqewe, Hooner wasn't asking what emulator to use. He was asking what Platform the roms were designed for.

Hooner, Roms are not actually designed for any platform. It is the emulator that decide how to deceipher the roms. So..... the roms you find on the site I linked to can be used on PC or Xbox as long as you have a emulator for the right platform.

11. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

I really like Surreal64 also...I've had the most success with this emulator as opposed to all the other ones in my Xbox. Also, they have an update to Surreal64 called SurrealXXX....it's seems pretty cool.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2005
  12. Hooner

Hooner Member

K, just to clarify what I meant with the question. I was just asking how in the world you could tell an emulator was specifically for the xbox when the description doesn't say anything that would lead to that conclusion?

My other question is that now that I have surreal 64 on my comp, where do I put the roms to be played? I'm planning on burning it to a dvd disc to be read on the xbox instead of on the HD itself, so where would I need to place the roms? Can someone please help?

13. joschez

joschez Regular member

I also want to know where in the xbox to place the surreal64 emulator and how to run it. once that's done, how do i play the roms?

14. elusiv1

elusiv1 Regular member

You ftp the Surreal64 Emulator to F:\Emulators and once you click on the Emulator you will see a Roms folder, all your roms go inside this folder. I have an updated version of Surreal64 called Surrealxxx and basically I just hit a search for roms button on the bottom of my screen that gives me all my Rom titles, then I just click on the game to launch it. That's it

Last edited: Apr 11, 2005
  15. jasin39

jasin39 Member

this is for ilusv1. I have the killerinstinctxxx. which i guess is part of the surreal64xxx.I have it installed,but dont know where to get the ki roms. I was wanting to know if you could PM with a link or directions where i may find it. If not could you please Pm me with surrel64 and roms or the link. my aol is fanofEVILTWIN.

thanks alot

16. tuning

tuning Member

Last edited: May 6, 2005