1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

N95 Wifi Problems

Discussion in 'Nokia phones' started by Tadpo1e, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Tadpo1e

Tadpo1e Member

Hey Guys,
    Just got a brand new N95 on the three network, i try connecting it to wifi at home, i put in all the settings and WPA code, when trying to access msn messenger it connects to the network and the router shows it as being connected but it goes no further until it finally disconnects

if i use the wifi for normal web surfing i get numerous error messages but all result in me not being able to use the wifi to surf the web

have tried everything i can think of, am i missing anything simple?

2. juniR

juniR Guest

Because 3 are your provider, the version of msn you have goes thru their network and the client is rejected if it comes thru another provider i.e. your home ISP. Theoretically if you put in a generic version then you'd be able to use wifi BUT you wouldn't get free msn connection via 3 when away from your home network - you would have to use some of your bandwidth quota that's available for other things like browsing. The same thing happens with Slingbox and Orb - those "3" versions go thru the 3 network. However, because Orb is browser based you can bypass 3 and go directly to the Orb server if you wish. So in that case I use wifi at home (via a link in my bookmarks) and 3 network when I'm out.

If you try connecting to Planet 3 - it's the same thing... you won't get to the proper page unless you use their network BUT there are loads of mobile sites, as well as regular sites you can surf using wifi or the 3 network. Some of the sites linked to from Planet 3 are accessible directly using wifi as well.

Google, BBC etc are examples of good providers of mobile sites and applications. Google maps is great as well and I have other applications like VNC and IRC clients which work well in and out of the house.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2008