1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nagging problem with duration

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by stedios, Apr 18, 2005.

1. stedios

stedios Member

ok, so i encoded an divx file using tmpgenc. I have never had problems, always use the same settings and done many of these. Well the mpeg 2 that i get after words for some reason has a duration of 59 minutes instead of one hour and 59. When i use ifoedit this creates an error at the very end and its NOT english. I htink the duration is causing the error becasue the m2v plays fine from begining to end (i is the full 1 hour and 59) and the sound is fine. But wmp says the druatino is 59 minutes but it will play for almost 2 hours...
    I just got a new hdd so i had to re set all the settings in tmpgenc pro, but i'm sure they are right. The mpeg looks great etc.

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

3. stedios

stedios Member

thanks for your help. I ended up just using a ifoedit .96 instead of .97 and it went without a hitch... used same .m2v and .mp2 as in ifoedit .97 and it went find in ,.96. OH well, as long as it works. I'll read that link you posted so not to make it a waste of your time. I'm sure i'll learn something from it ;) thanks.